Sunday, July 3, 2016

OOTD: Four Ways to Wear Jean Shorts For The Fourth

Hello There and ...

source

I went to a for lunch at my in-laws to have barbecue today and wore the first look I'm showing you.  Whether or not you have any parties or barbecues to go to this weekend these four looks will get you through the summer.


The first way to wear the shorts is with a simple or slightly more elevated tank.  It's easy and keeps you cool and comfortable in the summer heat.
I just got this tank in and I love it way more than I expected to.  The lace at the bottom can takes this from casual to dressy and it is very comfortable.  It comes in two other colors and is currently on sale. I am wearing the same shorts throughout this post and just changing up my tops.  I have had the shorts for a little while and they are super stretchy and comfortable.   They go with literally anything so I love wearing them. 


My sunglasses are from Quay and were in my June 2015 Popsugar Must Have box.  They are so comfortable and I love the matte black wayfarer style.
The two bracelets are another great Popsugar Must Have box score, this time from my May 2016 box.  They are from Bluma Project and are stretchy.  I love that the tassels add just a bid of style to otherwise plain beaded bracelets.



My necklaces are from a local company called LOLA that is owned by my bonus (step) Mom.  They're the perfect accessory to amp up your outfit and they all mean so much to me and each have their own story for when I got them.  She has a new shop that she opened for the summer on Nantucket called Love Shack.  If you happen to be on the island stop in and tell them I sent you!


The second way is when it gets cold you can throw a cardigan or light jacket over top to still look stylish, but keep warm.  I have this cardi in both this orangey-red and white striped color as well as a navy and white striped one and they are the perfect topper to any outfit.


This just shows that a simple cardigan or jacket can change the whole outfit and even make it a little less casual.
On my nails I have Smith & Cult's Subnomal with NCLA's Born on the Fourth over top.
For lipstick I have on Colour Pop's Lippie Stick in Jenneration X which is a fun orangey-red color.


Now I'm bringing it back to a super casual outfit (don't mind the other cardi on the ground...oops!).  I love these jersey style long sleeves because they are so oversized and comfortable.  They are perfect for throwing in your beach bag to put on over you bathing suit and shorts for a night of watching fireworks.  The back of this one says USA, but there are so many styles.


This top is so comfortable and easy to wear.  I love the tie-dye effect that it has as well and that it isn't just straight blocks of color.


This red baseball tee is so comfortable and is great for a day at a game or really anywhere!  It is lightweight and soft, but that also makes it see through on the white part so just keep that in mind.


I got this Trina Turk tote in my 2016 Summer Quarter Fab Fit Fun box.  It says "Seas The Day" on it in gold foil and is so roomy.  I love that the handles/straps are a twisted rope design.
My earrings throughout the post are my KJP anchor pearl earrings in gold that I wear all the time.  I love that they are a fun spin on a classic.

I hope that these four ways to wear jean shorts inspire your next outfit!
I wish you a wonderful Fourth of July if you are in the USA.

Until next time,


disclaimer: All products I did not purchase for myself are marked with an *.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are 100% my own.