Thursday, June 9, 2016

Throwback Thursday | Engagement Session

Hello There!

We had our Engagement session on April 19, 2015 and I am so in love with our pictures.
We had a breakfast in bed theme for the first part of our photo session and then went outside to take some pictures in front of the beautiful yellow forsythia that had just bloomed.

I hadn't originally thought to do the breakfast in bed theme, but my fiance's only request was to have pictures with our cat so I came up with the theme to make that work.
The pictures came out absolutely beautifully and I could not be happier.

Our photographer is a family friend and he also did our Wedding pictures.  You can check Dustin on his website, facebook, and instagram!

Here are some of the pictures from our breakfast in bed styled shoot.




Just look how beautifully he captured her!  This is hands down one of my favorite pictures. 


Oh her little toes with my ring!  So precious!


We picked these mini bouquets up at Whole Foods and the sign I had custom made on Etsy.  The sign ended up being used at our wedding and my shower.  You can't really see in this picture, but behind the ampersand is a blue glitter snowflake (we got married in January!).


Look at that little face!  The collar we got her for the occasion has a detachable boutonnière rose made from felt and it made her look just a little dressed up for the occasion. 


We got bagels and chocolate milk for the shoot from the same place Jeremy got them when we proposed to me (check out how he proposed here!)


I bought these panda mugs and the spoons specifically for the shoot and they looked so cute.
I ordered the mugs I believe on Mod Cloth (you can get them here) and the spoons are from Etsy.


One of the spoons is imprinted with "I Love You" and the other says "I Know" which just makes my nerd heart happy.  
My ring was custom made and I wrote all about that process which you can read in part one and two!


This is actually how we usually relax, Jeremy plays while I read or we play together.
My outfit is a pair of leggings from Fabletics and the top is an oversized striped sweater from H&M.  Jeremy is wearing a graphic tshirt and a pair of flannel pj pants.  We wanted our looks to be ours, but cohesive.


The little milk bottles I ordered online along with the gold striped straws.


Ah black and white, it classes up just about anything.


This is another absolute favorite.  We had such great natural lighting for the shoot, we really lucked out that it was such a nice day.


I love this one too, but that could be because I live for these Kate Spade slippers.  I actually ended up changing into these for our Wedding reception too because they're too pretty and so comfortable.


One of the bouquets had daisies in it which was a nickname for my grandma and it made this picture extra special.

And here are some from outside.


The cat was really not too thrilled to be outside (as you can tell by her sad face and death grip), but we did get some nice pictures anyway.

Jeremy loves this picture, we're a little awkward at dipping (and still are!), but he loves it so I love it.
My dress is from Mod Cloth, the cardigan is from Target, and my shoes are from Boden.
Jeremy's blue collared shirt and khakis are old and his sweater is from J.Crew.



This is one of Jeremy's favorites partly because you can see the cat's on my dress.


This was a fun one at the end where everyone jumped in and photo bombed us.

I hope you enjoyed these pictures as much as we do!  
I will soon do a post on some tips for an engagement shoot.

Until next time,