Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Current Favorites: Shower Edition

Hello There!

I tend to change my shower products up quite often.  My hair just seems to get tired of the same shampoo and conditioner (I know some people think this is a thing while others don't).
It's kind of a big deal for me when I consistently use the same products for a few months without my hair feeling like it's had it.
Since I have been seriously digging some products lately I thought I should share the love around.

I've been using these three products on my hair for the past few months and I love them.
The OGX Macadamia Oil shampoo paired with the Moroccan Argan Conditioner are heaven sent.  They leave my hair smelling amazing and smooth and soft as can be.  My hair gets rather wavy and curly and at times frizzy and this helps to keep it all in check.

When my hair is feeling like it need a little pick me up I use the Macadamia Nourishing Moisture Masque and leave it on for about 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing it out.  This doesn't weigh my hair down, but keeps it feeling healthy and hydrated.  I got this as a sample in my May Birchbox which is why this is a smaller size than normal.  This is definitely something I will purchase once this runs out.


I've been trying out these products from the Boots section at Target.  I bought the Anti-Blemish Kit a few weeks back when I was out grocery shopping.
The anti-blemish cleansing foam seems to help with making my skin smooth and makes my skin feel clean without feeling stripped.  This is the one part of this kit that I really loved and would purchase again.  For being just a cleansing foam it really nicely cleansed my skin.
The anti-blemish scrub and mask is a just okay product.  It has a smell that I don't care for, but can get past enough to use it.  I like using this as a scrub more than a mask because I feel that it does help to slough dead skin from my face, but doesn't do a lot to help on the anti-blemish side of things.
The serum that came with this kit is okay, I like just tea tree oil instead.

You're seeing my clear shower liner in the picture which makes the mirror look a bit blurry, but it's not in person.
When I do use masks in the shower I like to apply it in front of our Fogless Shower Mirror* so that I can make sure I'm applying it to every bit of my face.
My fiance also uses this to shave his face.  It has taken us forever to find a fogless shower mirror that doesn't cost a small fortune.  This one is simple in design and is just what we need.
It came with hooks for both the mirror and one razor, but we already had razor hooks and since we're renting we opted to hang it with a command hook so that we could remove it easily.  
We've had this set up going for a few weeks now and the command hook has held up perfectly.
If you're in the market for a new shower mirror I would definitely recommend this one, even at hot, steam inducing temperatures this one stays clear of fog.


For my body I've been using these three products to get smooth, soft skin.
The Suave Professionals Sea Mineral Body Wash has a very nice light scent and gently helps to exfoliate my skin.
The EOS shave cream was something I just grabbed because I needed a new shave cream, but I've really loved how this one performs.  The scent is not overwhelming and it has helped prevent the razor burn I usually get every time I shave.
I've been using the Julep Brilliance Hand and Body Scrub all over in the shower to help get rid of any rough dead skin and also to prep before I shave so that I can get a closer shave.  I also use this to exfoliate if I plan to use any self tanner on my legs.

Are there any shower products you've been loving lately?
Let me know in the comments below!

Until Next Time,

disclaimer: All products I did not purchase for myself are marked with an *.  I was sent the Fogless Shower Mirror by Cassani Company.  I was provided the items to honestly review.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are 100% my own.