Spring is coming to a close and Summer is just around the corner so if you have been putting off getting some Spring cleaning done there is no time like the present!
The biggest things I did this year to Spring clean are to go through all my clothing and purge anything that had holes in it and donate anything that I have not worn in the past year and do not plan to wear.
Go through each drawer individually and then your closet and it makes it a lot less overwhelming.
Updating your bedding can make a huge difference in how your bedroom feels. It is a very simple change that has a big impact.
|A Bowl Full of Lemons|
Work on dusting and cleaning shelving in chunks, work on one area at a time and make sure you have all your supplies for cleaning with you. Make a caddy if that helps that has paper towels, multi-surface cleaning spray, dusting supplies, trash bags, etc so that you have all that you need in one portable place. It makes you stay more focused if you're not having to constantly go get something.
Trust me when I say making one of these is a game changer for efficient cleaning.
After kicking up all that dust and spraying all those cleaning sprays the house smells a bit too clinical for me so I like to light some candles and use some essential oils to freshen the place up again.
The lemon essential oil is supposed to be refreshing and the peppermint revitalizing.
I like using essential oils in my cleaning because they are a natural way of freshening up a space and have some great properties other than just smelling amazing.
|Uses of Essential Oils Here and Here.|
A little bit of these go a very long way.
These are my favorite ways and places to use these essential oils:
1) For stinky trash place 1-3 drops of your choice of essential oil on a cotton ball and place on bottom of trash can or diaper pail.
2) Clean the carpet with an all-natural carpet deodorizer. Add 5-10 drops of Lemon essential oil to a box of baking soda. Mix well and sprinkle over carpets. Let the mixture sit for an hour or more and then vacuum.
3) Take 2 cotton balls and add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to the cotton balls and drop them in your vacuum bag to fill your home with your favorite aromatherapy scents while vacuuming.
4) To help keep squirrels, spiders or mice away place 3-6 drops of Peppermint on a cotton ball at the place they enter. No harmful chemicals and no critters, win win.
5) For sticky messes, use 1-2 drops Lemon to remove gum, oil, glue, adhesive or crayon from most surfaces.
I like these essential oils in particular because they come in such a huge bottle that they last forever. They also have a pipet style applicator which makes it so easy to get just the right amount of drops out.
You can also use these in a diffuser which is a great way to use the scent as you would a candle, but you don't have to have an open flame so it is great for dorm rooms and any rooms or houses that you either can't have candles because they're not permitted or shouldn't use them because of pets or kids.
Let me know your favorite ways to use Essential Oils and if you have any cleaning tips I haven't thought of yet!
Until Next Time,
disclaimer: All products I did not purchase for myself are marked with an *. The Essential Oils were provided by InstaNatural via BrandBacker. I was provided the items to honestly review. All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are 100% my own