Friday, May 22, 2015

Face Lately

Hello There!

For the past month and a half I have pretty much been wearing the exact same looks.
Bit of a shimmery eye and a thin cat flick.
I thought I would share my favorite products I have been using to achieve this because these products are just outstanding.  I love them so much I've hit pan on one of the shadows already!


Everyday I wear this Pur-Lisse Moisturizer with SPF 30 no matter if I am just going to the office or plan to be outside.  I apply it to all over my face and neck making sure to get it into my hairline and on my ears.  I rub whatever remains into my hands.  This absorbs quickly and only has a slight Sunscreen scent.

While my cheeks are still absorbing the moisturizer I use a light swath of the Make blush in Geisha.  I find this helps it last all day.  This blush gives my cheeks that been-in-the-sun-all-day glow without actually having to expose my skin to the sun.  It is very pigmented so a light hand is required in application.

I have been using the Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer. This helps my shadow last from morning 'til night when I get around to taking it off before bed.  I love this because it goes on smooth and doesn't feel greasy.

I tight-line with the Lollipops Eye Pencil in Goodbye Moon/Black (This is hard to find in the US.  I also use Sephora's liner).  I put this on right after the shadow insurance so that if any of it gets onto my lid I can easily swipe it off.

I like to fill in my brows next using the Gimme Brow from Benefit.  I have pretty thick brows so I just use this to fill in any gaps there might be and to hold the hairs in place for the day.  I like this because it's just a bit of color and does not make my brows feel crunchy.


I have been using (L to R) Silk Teddy, Nude, and Cashmere Bunny from the Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection.  These shadows are soft, go on smoothly, and last all day.  I end up using Nude and Cashmere Bunny with any palette or all over lid shadow because they're great for blending and giving the crease a bit more definition.  

I have also been using these colors from the Marc Jacobs The Dreamer Palette.  These shadows don't have names, but I have been using the (show above L to R) 2nd, 6th, and 7th shadows.  These are so incredibly pigmented that just a little goes a very long way.  The color payoff is unreal with these palettes.  I know they are up there in price, but in my opinion they are worth it.  Just look at that gold!



Last and certainly not least I have been using these two drugstore products from Covergirl.  
The Mascara is The Super Sizer* in very black.  You can see the graphic of the wand on the packaging.  I find that the short bristles and the tapered shape help to get every little lash, even the ones on the very outer edge and the very inner corner.  I always twirl wands as I apply them and I like that this wand is built for that. 

The Intensify Me! Liquid Liner* is in black and has a very interesting tip design.  One way it is thick and if you turn it it has a very thin, flat edge.  The tip is a felt tip design and the color is a very dark, but matte black.


I wanted to show these pictures of my naked lashes.  They are pretty straight and short.



This is what my lashes look like with the mascara on.  This helps them hold their curl and definitely makes them stand out more. 
I also love that this does not have any sort of overwhelming fragrance and it does not flake.


I wanted to give some close ups of the liquid liner's tip.  It is a felt tip and here you can see it the wider way.  I use this to fill in the wing.  


The thinner side is what I use to wing out and to tight do a very thin line across my lash line.  


Here you can see the wing I was able to achieve with this liner.  I am so pleased with the results.  This is an amazing product and I am so happy I have had the chance to try it.  This out shines any other more expensive felt tip liquid liners I have tried.


Just look at that pigmentation.  This liner really gives you the control you need as well as options.  It is so easy to do just a tiny, thin cat flick or to go for drama and make it bold and wide.



Here is a look I did using the Covergirl eyeliner and mascara with the Too Faced shadows.  This was taken in the morning about an hour or two after I applied everything.


This look is using the Marc Jacobs shadows with the Covergirl mascara and liner.  This picture was taken almost to the end of the day, so this is showing about 8 hours of wear and it was still going strong, no flaking or fading to be seen!

These looks are weeks apart, but I'm basically wearing the same outfit.  I just love a good red lip.  I'm also obsessed with my star scarf paired up with stripes.  I just can't help myself.

If you've tried any of these what do you think of them?
What have you been wearing on your face lately?

Until Next Time,



disclaimer: All products I did not purchase for myself are marked with an *.  The Covergirl products were graciously provided by Influenster.   I was provided the items to honestly review.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are 100% my own