Monday, March 2, 2015

Recent Skin Care Hits and Misses


Hello There!

I've been testing out more skin care items to try and find the perfect products to add to my regimen.  
I recently tried out three more products from InstaNatural (see my other review on the Vitamin C range).

We'll start out with the good.
I tried out their Retinol moisturizer and serum.
The products are made with Retinol which is a form of Vitamin C that helps to counteract the signs of aging, acne, and enlarged pores.

The moisturizer is creamy and sinks into the skin easily without leaving my skin feeling taught or uncomfortable.
This bottle will last me a long time because a little of this product goes a long way.

The serum is clear and has a citrus scent which goes away after you apply it.  It absorbs quickly and easily and makes my skin feel smooth.

Both of these products did seem to help with my enlarged pores around my nose as well as the occasional acne I tend to get around my time of the month.
It also helps to keep my skin hydrated when I use it so I've added this in as something I use on occasion, but not every day.  Also, when I use this I use it at night as sun exposure breaks down retinoids.

You can pick up the Moisturizer on Amazon or InstaNatural's website and the Serum on Amazon or InstaNatural's website.

And now, unfortunately, on to the bad.
I also had the Dead Sea Mud Mask to try.  I've tried so many mud masks from Boots brand to Glam Glow and I've loved them all.

This pot is enormous and it would take an eternity to get through which is a plus to this product over others.

The consistency immediately threw me off as it is rather gelatinous which I have never experienced in a mud mask before.  This causes it to go on very thin which means it dries very fast.
I didn't have any issues with the mask, it felt nice and seemed to be working until I took it off.

As you can see just putting it on my hand my skin just does not react well to this at all.  My skin becomes inflamed, red, and itchy.

After using it on my face I broke out in a rash everywhere and then my pores became incredibly, horribly clogged.  This pictures illustrates the sheer number of trouble spots that cropped up after using the mask.

I tend to have sensitive skin, but again I've tried so many mud masks and never had this problem.
I know a lot of other people who have used this and loved it, but it's just not for me.
Check out Stuff I Love's blog for her review because it really worked very well for her!

If want to try this out for yourself you can buy it on Amazon or on InstaNatural's website.

If you want to check out more of InstaNatural's products you can head here.
You can also check them out on FacebookTwitter, and Google+ to stay updated on any new products and promotions.

Let me know if you try them and what you think!

Until next time,

disclaimer: This is a sponsored post powered by BrandBacker.  The product was provided by InstaNatural.  I was provided the items to honestly review.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are 100% my own