Thursday, January 8, 2015

Favorite Moments of 2014

Hello There!

I wanted to reflect back on 2014 before I get into some of my 2015 resolutions in a post to come next week.

January

I started off the year by attending a calligraphy class with my Mom and Aunt Jane.  It was so much fun and it helped me get better at a skill I've wanted for a long time.  My Aunt is already an amazing calligrapher, but it was a first for my Mom and I.


March

I cut all my hair off, a whole 8-9 inches!
I have not had short hair since high school, but I absolutely loved it.
 

April

My Mom, my Aunt's and I all drove down to D.C. for my cousin's wife's bridal shower.
We stopped into Georgetown Cupcakes while we were there and were not disappointed.
We helped set up and decorate for the shower and it was absolutely beautiful!




May

I turned 26!



June

I landed a new job this month that I am very happy with!
We went down to Florida for my cousin's wedding.
It was beautiful and so much fun (if not extremely hot).
We attended my brothers portfolio show which was amazing.
My brother graduated from college!  Words cannot describe how incredibly proud I am of him.




September

This month wasn't too big, you know, I only got ENGAGED!
I am so happy and excited and so was my Mom!
See more about the story here and how we met here!
Want to know about my engagement ring?  Check here and here!
I went to a bridal expo with my Mom and my Aunt's, it was so much fun!








October

I re-read the Harry Potter series for the first time since I read them initially when they first came out.


November

By this point in the year we'd ramped up wedding planning.
We looked into quite a few venues before we found ours (I've got a post coming on that process).
We had a great Thanksgiving at my Aunt's house this year with everyone.





December

We had an amazing Christmas and made it to my Dad's this year for Christmas Eve.
I got the best gift for Christmas from my future mother-in-law, she hand knitted me a kitty!
We also got to hang out with Jeremy's friends on both Christmas Eve and Christmas (officially asked them to be groomsmen as well, they said yes of course!).
We rang in the new year with having Jeremy's friends over for drinks and pizza and also began our official one year countdown to the Wedding at midnight!







The beginning of the year was very stressful, but the end was better than I could have ever hoped!
I cannot wait to see what this new year brings!

I hope you all had a wonderful 2014, here's to an amazing 2015!

Until next time,