Monday, August 4, 2014

One Direction Makeup Collection Sneak Preview




If you are a huge 1D fan you may have seen Niall talk on twitter a little bit ago about their makeup collection.
I am here to give you a sneaky look at one of the collections in their range.




There are three collections and each one comes in a nice tin case.

Take Me Home Collection


Midnight Memories Collection


Up All Night Collection


I received the Up All Night Collection.  Each set comes with an eye shadow palette, chubby liner crayon, mascara, UV lipgloss, lipstick, nail polish, and body stencils.

The tins give you some inspiration for different looks you can create with the colors. 



 The lipstick is creamy and goes on smoothly.  This is actually a really nice cheek color if it is too bright for you to want to use on your lips.  This color is called I Should Have Kissed You
 The packaging on this lipstick is very nice as well.  I love that you can see the color in the bottom.
 This "Glow Gloss" is UV reactive and a super bright hot pink.  The formula delivers intense shimmer during the day, and glows brilliantly under UV light after dark.  The name of the gloss is Taken.

 The lipgloss is on the top and the lipstick on the bottom in each of these swatch pictures.






The colors in the eye shadow quint are highly pigmented and very creamy.  They can get crumbly though which was disappointing.  I was happy to see two neutral shades in with the three blue shades.  The shade Another World (the blue in the middle in the palette) is a very chunky glitter that kept glooping up and was odd seeing as how the rest of the shades were pretty creamy.

 This is both and eye and body crayon in a very deep navy called Stand Up.  This is a very creamy pencil and can be smudged out for a smokey effect.  I had no issues with this and felt it was a nice addition to this collection.


 These are the decorator stencils that you can put on using the crayon liner.

They come in a variety of designs and they seem like you could wipe them clean and keep using them without them deteriorating.  

The mascara is called Little Black Dress.  It is a volumizing mascara and I feel that it did give volume to my lashes, however my eyes reacted poorly to the formula.  I have very sensitive eyes and skin so I don't expect others to have the same issues as I did.

The nail varnish is a gorgeous blue with green and gold shimmers.  It is the perfect mermaid color.  The name on this one is Na Na Na.

Here are a few pictures of me wearing the collection (sorry for the lower quality of these!).






I think the collection overall is fantastic.  I love that the set comes with some many different pieces.  This is a must for any 1D fans!

Check more out on the collections on their Facebook page!

Details on the 3 Looks Collection tins: http://bit.ly/1DMakeupLooksCollection

Check your stores for the collection! 
The line will be available worldwide starting in the U.S. 
US RELEASE DATES:
 Macy's - August 11th 
Stage Stores – August 25th 
Dillards – August 25th 
Beauty Brands – August 25th
 Lord and Taylor - August 25th

*International release dates TBD. Check the 
Facebook page for all the latest information!




disclaimer: This is a sponsored post powered by BrandBacker.  The collection is from Markwins International.  I was not paid to say anything about these products, I was provided the items to honestly review.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are 100% my own