Wednesday, May 28, 2014

What's In My Bag?

I was asked by Credit Card Insider to do a What's In My Bag post for their collection they are putting together.  They can teach you about credit and help you find the credit card that is right for you and what's the most important thing in your bag?  Your cash and more importantly your debit/credit cards!
Check them out on FB and Twitter!

Let's take a peek in my bag!


I bought this bag not long ago with a gift card I won at the bridal shower I went to for my cousin's fiancé.  The bag is from Stella and Dot and I am in love with it. The bag is called How Does She Do It and I got it in the navy stripe pattern.  The outside of the bag is very sturdy canvas.  The pocket I have my cell phone in on the outside of the bag is as deep as the height of the bag which is awesome.  It is a great pocket for traveling because you can have your travel documents and cellphone right at hand.  


I also bought the detachable strap so that if I want to use it as a cross-body bag I can and also because it's a lot easier to have it across my body when traveling as opposed to on one shoulder.


The strap has the company's name in a silver plate on the strap as well and it is very well made.


I also love the two charms on the bag as well, the anchor is so pretty!


This is a look at the inside of the bag.  It is a bright orange with dark fuchsia polka dots and I absolutely adore it.  The fabric is spill resistant which is perfect because I am so terribly clumsy.  The inside front of the bag has two pockets, one is rather large as you can see (on the left) and is great for storing lip products and my phone.  There is also a slightly smaller pocket right next to it.
The scrunchy pocket on the bottom of the picture is a water bottle pocket which is one of the reasons I chose to get this bag.  I also have some sort of water or tea with me and I love that the bag has a secure pocket to hold my mug or water bottle.
The back of the bag has an enormous zippered pocket as well that runs almost the whole length of the bag and is as deep as the bag is as well.


Right above the zippered pocket is the company logo again and on the trimming around the zippered pocket it says "Hello Gorgeous" which I love, it is such a nice thing for a bag to say to you!



I am always carrying these two items no matter what bag I am using.  I absolutely love the pattern on this umbrella and it is the perfect size to not take up to much room so I can always have it if I need it. Nothing is worse than getting caught in the rain without a way to escape it! I cannot go anywhere without my Pinch Provisions and I love the pink and gold pattern on this one.


I usually have at least one of these reusable bags with me.  They are great if I want to stop by a farmer's market or have some things I need to pick up at the grocery store.  I try to always use reusable bags when I am shopping and it's so easy having these on hand to be able to do that because they fold up so small.  The baggu fits back into the little carrying bag after you're done with it and the blue avocado one just zips back up on itself after you're done.


I love the anti-bacterial gel's from bath and body works and I especially love the cute holders that you can get to store them on the go.  It is always a good idea to have anti-bacterial with you so that you can quickly clean your hands if you don't have access to soap and water. 
I only recently got the Tokyo Milk Rosewater Bon Bon Lip Balm and I absolutely love it.  The rose scent is not too overwhelming and the packaging is so pretty that I store it in the box in my purse.
I like carrying a hand cream and recently I have been using Hand Food.  The cream is so moisturizing and it smells amazing.  The small size of this one is perfect for my bag.
I have been wearing this Too Faced Melted Liquefied Lipstick in Melted Peony pretty much nonstop lately.  It smells like cotton candy and gives a very pigmented swath of color on your lips that lasts.


The top left is my tech case in baroque from Vera Bradley.  I use this often to put the little card case and my phone in for on the go use.  
Bottom left is my card case that I bought from H&M.  They don't have this one, but I love this one as well from Kate Spade.  These are great to throw your license and credit card in as well as any other important cards you need to carry with you because you can throw it in any bag without having a big bulky wallet.
Top right is my big wallet from Vera Bradley that they do not make anymore. I've had this for quite a few years and I love it.  I keep the rest of my cards in this and keep it in my larger purses.
Bottom right is my favorite iPhone case from Kate Spade.  It is an adorable Black cat with little ears that stick up off the case.


I carry both my agenda and a notebook with me at all times.  My notebook I got in my Pop Sugar Must Have box from April.  It was custom made for them, but you can get a similar one from the same place.  Every time I look at the notebook I start singing Beyonce's Run The World (Girls) song (haha).  I absolutely love my Kate Spade agenda and I am definitely getting this one for 2015!
Of course my pens are pink (my entire pencil cup on my desk has pink colored pens and pencils only).  The Le Pen is my favorite felt tip because it's bright and does not really bleed through the pages.  The other pen is from the dollar section at Target.


I bought these sunglasses awhile ago from groopdealz.com.  I really wanted monogrammed sunglasses, but didn't want to pay out the butt for them so I was so excited when I could get this pair for around $10!!


These glasses are so comfortable and I love the wayfarer look to them.  The case I have them in is from Target.


I absolutely love my iPad folio from Kate Spade.  It looks like a book which is what sold me on getting this one.  I pre-ordered it months ago and finally got it the beginning of this month.  I am so happy with the quality and that it has a stand.
The Frends Ella earbuds are the ones that came in my Precious Metals Limited Edition box from Birchbox.  These are not only comfortable and have great sound quality, but they are so pretty.  I love using these and the carrying case they come in keeps them untangled and easy to find.


The bag on the left is from my Bauble Bar's July 2013 Make Over Box and is from Rume and the bag on the right was from my Precious Metals box and is from Folli Follie.
These are some of the main items I keep in these bags in my bag.
I always have some sort of anti-itch cream (usually this one form Aveeno) because I am prone to getting bit by bugs and I have Neopsporin' because I am prone to clumsiness.
The Panda mints are from China in Epcot when I was there in October.
I always have some hair ties and clips with me for when I am inevitably done with my hair.
I have a Supergoop eye cream so I can make sure the delicate skin around my eyes is protected.
I also always have blotting sheets and right now I have both the Peppermint ones from Boscia and the Tatcha ones.

That's pretty much everything I keep in my bag.  I also usually have my camera with me, but I was using it to take these pictures so I couldn't show it.  In case you are wondering I use a Canon Powershot Elph 115 IS in pink (obviously).

I will be doing a carry on/suitcase post soon as I am travelling the first weekend in June!

disclaimer: I was asked to do this What's In My Bag for Credit Card Insider's Series.  I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing/mentioning here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.