Monday, March 10, 2014

Birchbox January 2014

Here is my January 2014 Birchbox!  I am so sorry this is incredibly late, but s**t happens!

 Hello 2014!!
 I love these cards and plan to put some of them up around my bedroom and above my desk.  They are so colorful and inspirational!
 I have received a few samples of the Viva La Juicy fragrance in the past and I do enjoy it.  It is always nice to have samples of perfume so I can keep testing out and using perfumes I like, but don't want to purchased the full size.
The Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Conditioner is such a bizarre concept, but it ended up being a favorite of this box.  This makes my hair soft, shiny, and manageable.  I really love this and it has been fantastic.
I received the Nail Rock Nail Caviar.  I have never tried any sort of 3D nail art before so I was excited to try this out.  The polish itself is a silver color.
The beads are gold, white, blue, purple, but all muted tones.  They are more holographic with cream and gold beads.
I really think it looks beautiful when it is done.  I loved how it looked and was so happy with it.  The downside to this is that it does not look this good for long.  The beads started falling off rather quickly and then my nails surface was very rough.  I was super disappointed with this product because the beads just don't stay on.
This box also had a Birchbox Find in it.  These are bonus additions to the box.  This is a day lotion from Burt's Bees.  I really like this packaging for this lotion and found it very hydrating.
The last thing in my box is a sampling of eye shadows from the Coastal Scents Revealed palette.  These are all neutral shadows and it is their answer to the UD Naked palettes.
These colors would do well as a smoky eye and they are decently pigmented.  The only one that really disappointed me was the black because it was spotty and chalky.  The other colors came off nicely, but I already have colors like this in my collection so it was not really that exciting.










Check out December's Birchbox!
Check out November's Birchbox!

disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing/mentioning here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.