Monday, January 6, 2014

Ipsy Bag November 2013

The theme for November's Ipsy Bag was Glam It Up.  The big feature of this month's bag was at least one product from Michelle Phan's EM Cosmetics line.

The EM Cosmetics product I received in my box is the pillow plush lip balm in bubblegum.  It is a mostly sheer shiny lip balm.  The balm is very moisturizing and smells amazing.  The packaging is also really cute with the bubbled up effect on the lid.  I have to say I am impressed with this product.
I got a Nailtini polish in Caviar Cocktail.  It is a gunmetal silver polish with shimmer.  These polishes have a good formula and stay on, but the packaging is not my favorite.
The bag came with Be A Bombshell's lip crayon as well.  The formula on this is creamy and stays on.  It doesn't stay on through meals, but through talking it does.  I don't mind reapplying it since it is in crayon form I don't need to really worry about carrying tools.
The shade I got is Shameless which is a deep berry fuchsia shade.  I wear this quite often as it goes with any neutral eye look I happen to be wearing that day.
I got a Pixi Beauty Bronzer in my bag in Summertime.  This has a slight bit of shimmer and goes on well, but it can be rather dark if you do not use a light hand.
Here is a swatch of it.  I feel if you do use a light hand with it then it can be beautiful for a bronzer.
I have never tried a Cailyn product before and was interested in this mineral eye shadow when I saw it in the bag.  I got especially excited when I saw that it already came with a built-in sponge tip applicator which makes using this mineral shadow a breeze.
I got the shade Champagne and it works beautifully for an inner eye corner highlight as well as on the brown bone.  I have been using this nearly everyday since I got it in my bag.
I have used Starlooks products in the past so I was interested in this pencil. The shade is called Topaz and when I opened it I realized it was an icy blue shade (the name of it should have probably given this away...).
This is not a shade I would ever wear and it the pencil was extremely crumbly.  It was almost too creamy for the pencil form it comes in.  No matter how little or much I sharpened it it the tip broke right off.











Check out my October Bag!
Check out my August Bag!

If you want to join Ipsy go here
disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing/mentioning here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.