Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday Favorites

Hello There!
There is something we used to do in College as an R.A. at our meetings called roses and thorns, basically you said good things and bad things in short sentences.

This Weeks Thorns
I was in a lot of pain from the accident on Christmas Eve so I went to the doctor and found out I may have two or more fractured ribs.  X-rays are done and pending results.
I lost my job this week which has been rather overwhelming, but I'm not putting my head in the sand; I am looking forward.

This Weeks Roses
My boyfriend bought me beautiful pink roses to try to cheer me up.
I've been spending time (in between job searching) getting some new things ready for my blog here as well as expanding.

So there we have it.  I hope that you had a great week and if you want you can let me know your roses and thorns in the comments or just say them to yourself.  Sometimes it's good to look at both the good and the bad from a week and then look forward (just keep swimming...).

Here are a few things that brightened my week.

Favorite Squee: Kitty has been keeping me company and snuggling with me when I need to lay down and give my body a rest.
Instagram
Favorite Moment: My photo from NYE Pop Sugar featured on their facebook page!
FB
Favorite Quote: "You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself." - Glinda from Wizard of Oz
Pin
Favorite Outfit: Love the stripes, graphic lettering, and simple black skirt.
Pin
Favorite Blooms: Roses that my boyfriend bought me.  Beautiful pink color.
Instagram

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

   
disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing/mentioning here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.