Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Black Friday and Cyber Monday Haul

I know I am rather late posting this, but I still wanted to get this up.  I know some of these products are no longer available (sorry!), but I figured it is always nice to share a good haul.

Sephora
I picked up a few things at Sephora online during the sales.

I really love these Formula X nail appliques.  This pack comes with two different looks, one is a Fair Isle type pattern.
The other one is a candy cane pattern.  These go on very easily and stay on for over a week at a time so I am very pleased with these.  They do sell non-winter themed ones all the time at Sephora.
I redeemed some points to get this cute phone case.
Cat photo-bombing as usual.
I picked out these three samples.  Juicy's Couture La La I have used before and I love the scent.  Tocca's is very strong, but still nice.  Dry Bar products are always my favorite and this left my hair so soft.
I needed more hair elastics and I really prefer using these fabric ones.  These were just cute, pink, sparkly, and for breast cancer awareness which is why I picked them, but they have others too.
I love blotting papers and I picked up these peppermint ones from Bosica just to give them a try.  I do love these and the peppermint scent is very refreshing.  These come in other scents as well.
I have become completely addicted to Caudalie's Hand and Nail Cream and Lip Conditioner.  I had to pick up this set because it is great to throw in my purse to always have with me.  The lip conditioner hydrates my lips and the hand cream makes my hands so soft and cures dry skin.  I cannot recommend these enough.
As a bonus add on I got the Lip Lines Clutch with 12 samples.  This is a look at all the samples in the bag.  My favorites so far are the Glam Glow, Gucci Flora, YSL Touche Eclat, and Dry Bar.
All of those products came in this cute cosmetic bag.  This is actually a very sturdy bag and can fit a lot in it.
Birchbox
I also picked up these products from BirchBox that I had my eye on.
I picked up the LAQA & Co. Lil' Lip Duo in Bossy Boots and Ring of Fire, Jouer's Luminizing Moisture Tint in Glow, and I got a free Jouer Tinted Lip Enhancer in Cosmo Sheer

This box is just so darned cute and I loved the gilded look.
Here are swatches of all the products from top to bottom:  Ring of Fire, Bossy Boots, Cosmo Sheer, Glow.

The LAQA & Co. lip crayons have very nice pigmentation and stay on for a long time.  The colors in this particular set are a red and berry tone perfect for Fall and Winter.

Jouer's Cosmo Sheer is a pretty light peachy pink and is not sticky at all.  I really enjoy wearing this.

Jouer's Glow is a perfect match for my skin with the yellow undertones and I have fallen in love with this and wear it almost every day.
Glitzy Glam
I picked up this gorgeous Kate Spade gold dot agenda from Glitzy Glam which is a company run by one my favorite Youtubers, Elle Fowler.  The agenda is sold out on their website, but you can still buy it from Kate Spade directly.
The agenda itself has a hard cover which make is really nice and sturdy.

They included this nice thank you in the package which I thought was very sweet.
On the back Elle signed it!  If you purchased something during Black Friday Elle said in one of her videos she would sign this and put it in your package so this was a really neat.
The planner itself has a folder in the front which is great for me to throw coupons or notes in.
 In the front it has a full year calendar.
This section is for important dates for 2014 so it is basically an overview of big things in the year.
It also has a list of all the year's Holidays and what day they fall on as well as a large notes section.
Each new month has a quote at the beginning of it which I really enjoy reading.
After the quote is a full calendar which has a notes section on the left.
After the full month view there are weekly views and a decent amount of space to write notes for each day.
So far I am very happy with this agenda.












Urban Decay
Urban Decay brought back the Book Of Shadows IV (Redux)for a limited time during Black Friday (Ulta still has it!).  I had to pick it up and try it out as it looked very interesting.

The packaging is excessive, but also very pretty with these 3D butterflies.
It has look ideas using the products in this set.
The actual products and shadows are in a drawer in the palette.
The drawer slides out all the way making it very easy to use.
This comes with 16 shadows, a 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Liner in Perversion, a Supercurl Curling Mascara, and an Original Primer Potion.  It also comes with a speaker that you can plug into your phone or mp3 device and listen to music while you get ready.
The top is the Original primer.  This gives the skin a blank slate to put on the eye shadow and helps to make the colors stand out more.
The next two lines are the Liquid Liner which stays on and can give both thick and thin lines.  It is a brush applicator.
Here is a look at the Mascara wand.  This does a decent job of giving my lashes length and holding a curl.

From Left to Right:
Kiddie Pool is a baby blue shimmer.
Gunmetal is a smokey gray with micro glitter.
Creep is a black with micro glitter.
Baked is a bright copper shimmer.
From Left to Right:
Grifter is a soft lilac with micro glitters.
Psychedelic Sister is a deep shimmer purple.
Lost is a deep bronze shimmer.
Hijack is a shimmery deep teal.
From Left to Right:
Midnight Cowgirl is a warm champagne shimmer.
Sin is a shimmer golden taupe.
Sidecar is a shimmer bronze.
Strip is a frosty blue-gray.
 From Left to Right:
Stray Dog is a metallic ash brown.
Missionary is a soft frosty beige.
Virgin is a nude satin.
Polyester Bride is a white shade with silver micro-glitter.
The palette also came with a sample primer potion and a mini Revolution Lipstick.
The shade it came with is Anarchy.
With just one swipe it came off this highly pigmented rosy pink creme color.
This is a stunning color and stays on for a long time.  After trying this one I would definitely want to try other colors in this range as the formula is fantastic.









H&M

I bought a pair of burgundy sweat pants at H&M and they are so comfortable and soft.  They still have some similar to the ones I bought online here.

 These flats are actually very comfortable and really got with anything because they are just cream and black.  I especially love the bow detail on the toe and the gold details on them as well.
I bought this turtleneck sweater at that time and it is currently no longer available online nor do they have anything like it.  I would suggest getting any of their sweaters though because they are made very well and are so soft and comfortable.

















Aldo
These boots from Aldo are the "Salvaza" and they are so comfortable.  I am normally a size 9-91/2, but I bought these in a 10 so I could wear them with thick socks and they fit perfectly.  They are currently on sale now reduced from $100 to $34.99!  That is a fantastic price for these amazing boots.  I seriously wear them with everything!















disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing/mentioning here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.