Sunday, January 5, 2014

Beauty Bar Sample Society December 2013

This was my Beauty Bar Sample Society box from December.  I've been trying out the products for a bit which is why this was not up earlier.  

This is the magazine for the month.  I am a magazine-aholic so I really love this addition to the box.
Here is the card with all the products listed as well as pricing for the full sizes of each product.
The Alterna Bamboo Texturizing Body Boost is basically a powder volumizer.  It does make my hair feel a bit stiff, but works very well to give the volume it promises.  I like the results, but not necessarily the feel of it.
 I have tried the Philosophy Hope in a Jar Night a few times and I don't mind it.  My skin is super dry and this rather thick formula helps to hydrate it.  As it says on the back of the packaging it does have aha in it which is what helps to turn over your cells, therefore this is a mild hydrating peel.  If you are not sure how your skin will react to the aha in this, then like with anything you get new for your face you should try it on a patch of skin first, like your inner arm, to see if you get a reaction, if not then it is safe to put on your face.  This shouldn't be something that needs to be said, but after reading reviews apparently it is.  Others were complaining of the smell, I honestly don't mind the smell of it at all.

The Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Dry Shampoo definitely helps to de-grease my hair, but does not give any volume as some dry shampoos do.  I have dark brown hair and it did not leave any white cast so I am happy with that.  I don't know that I see any anti-aging benefits to it, but it definitely works as a dry shampoo.
This dermalogica daily microfoliant is unlike any other exfoliator I have ever used.  To start it is a powder and took a little getting used to, but now that I have I really love this.  Using some Christmas money I bought a Clarisonic Mia so I am excited to try this with that.
I got a Diego Dalla Palma lipstick in my box as well.  I absolutely love the formula of these lipsticks.  This is creamy and goes on smoothly.  It does not feather or bleed out even without using a lip liner.
I got the shade #113 Mauve which unfortunately is a bit too dark of a color to look good on me.  I have tried mixing this will a red over it which actually looks very beautiful.  I am glad I can get use out of this as the formula of the lipstick is lovely.










disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing/mentioning here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.