Monday, December 30, 2013

What I Wore: Christmas Eve

For Christmas Eve this year I took a half day off of work so that I could relax and get ready for my Dad's Christmas Eve party in my own time.  This is how my make up turned out.
On my eyes I used Julep's eye primer, Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette (I used Dust, Burnout, and Buzz on my lids and Trick and Liar in the crease), tight lined with Marc Jacob's liner in black, used Stila's liquid liner, and YSL's Babydoll mascara.
For my brows I used It Cosmetics Universal Brow Pencil and Anastasia's brow gel.
On my face I primed with Benefit's That Gal, for foundation I used Benefits Oxygen Wow, and for cheeks I used The Balm's Down Boy.
For lips I am wearing YSL's Rouge Pur Couture in #9.

I also took the time to blow dry and then curl my hair with my new Remington clipless curling iron.
To prep my hair I used Alterna Bamboo's Kendi Dry Oil and Luminous Shine mist.
In order to hold the curl I sprayed with a bit of Tigi's Rochaholic hairspray.

This is the outfit I put together for Christmas Eve.  The dress is so comfortable and way more flattering than I thought it would be.  The cranberry tights went well with the necklace.
I love how it all turned out and I felt so beautiful leaving the house. Unfortunately the night turned out to be an incredible waste of a good outift, makeup, and hair day.  If you want to find out how my Christmas Eve took a turn for the worse, take a look at that post.

Dress: ASOS (same), Tights: ASOS (same), Necklace: J.Crew (same), Shoes: H&M (same)

disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing/mentioning here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.