Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Sephora VIB Sale Haul

I picked up a few things during the Sephora VIB sale that they had a few weeks ago.  I did my shopping online so I did not go to the stores at all.

I love this tote bag that they sent for shopping during the VIB sale.

I have had my eye on the Glitz & Glam set for awhile and decided to go ahead and get it during the sale.

I had never tried any of the Josie Maran Cheek Gelee's in the past, but I really like this.  It is a very odd consistency in the pot, but glides on and blends into the face very easily. 
 I believe this shade is Pink Escape and it gives a beautiful flush to the cheeks that lasts all day.
The bag came with these long fluttery fake lashes in Celebrity.  I have not used this yet, but I plan to for upcoming Holiday parties and might to a makeup tutorial on it when I do it. 
This is a Gel Effect top coat by Nails Inc. and is supposed to give a beautiful shine and wet look to the nails.  I am going to try this out the next time I do my nails.
I have a full size of the Lancome Hypnose Star mascara currently and it has long been a favorite of mine.  i plan on putting this in with a gift for Christmas as it is my favorite and I like to have everyone try it if they can!

 This is the full size of the Urban Decay Space Cowboy eyeshadow.  It is a champagne with silver sparkle.  I like this shadow color, but it does have quite a bit of glitter fall out. 
I found if I put it on mixed with a bit of clear primer it helped the glitter stick better.  It looks very pretty on the lids.
The Too Faced 3-Way Lash Lining Tool is a black eyeliner with a very different applicator.

The applicator has 3 felt tips on it to make a more precise line.
You're basically supposed to dot this along your lash line to give a fuller lash look.  I found this bled into the lines on my hand, but did not do that on my lids.

This gloss by Nars in Gold Digger is not too sticky and goes on really easily.
I have worn it over just some lip balm to add a little bit of dimension to my lips.  The glitter bits in it are not chunky either where they look odd on your lips.

I have used the Stila Stay All Day 10-in-1 HD Illuminating Beauty Balm often in the past few weeks.  I do not really notice it does all that it claims to do, but it does give nice coverage. 
Even though there is only one shade option it blends right into my skin.  It looks a little dark here, but that is because I have not fully blended it in.
The cat was cleaning foot while I was taking pictures.

I got this sample bag with my order and I picked out the Glowing Magic Radiance Sample bag.

I love Alterna products and I have actually used this before and absolutely loved it.  The Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist is perfect because you don't have to get products all over your hands you just spray it over your hair and let it work its magic.  It makes my hair so soft and shiny and works well if I let my hair air dry and if I blow dry it.  I absolutely love this stuff!
I have long used Lancome's Hypnose Star mascara and I have a full size so I am giving this to a friend to use.  I do love this mascara as it volumizes  and  separates.  I would definitely recommend this mascara.
I am not thrilled that this came in foil packet form, but I do like the Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturizer.  It absorbs quickly and makes my skin feel hydrated.  It is such a small sampled so I did not get to really test out the whether it would help with visible pores or anything, but as far as a moisturizer it works nicely for that.
I have only used this once or twice so far and I am on the fence with this one.  I feel that I need to use it for longer to see some of the benefits it claims.  The Ole Henricksen Truth Serum does leave my skin soft and has a wonderful scent. I will have to use it for longer to see if it really helps to repairs any damage on my skin.
I have only used the Algenist Firming and Lifting Cream a few times so I have no noticed huge results from it.  My skin is still young so I don't really know that I would see much change anyway.
Escada's Cherry In The Air perfume is a light scent perfect for day time and any office setting.  It has a deep cherry scent with citrus hints.  I liked the sample, but would not purchase the full size as I just didn't love it.
I have a Rouge in Love lipstick and love it so I was really excited to try the Gloss in Love.  The packaging it came in is completely a pain in the butt and was ridiculous to try to get the applicator out and the lip gloss.
  The sample packaging aside I love the lip gloss.  This came with three shades Just Strass, Under The Spotlight, and Glittermania.  My favorite is Under The Spotlight and I would purchase this in the future.  The formula is smooth and not at all sticky
The NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base works very well to keep shadows from creasing.  It is a colorless base so it is not going to do any concealing.  While I do love this I don't know that I would purchase a full size as I am rather taken with my Urban Decay primers.
The One by Dolce & Gabbana is a deep warm scent with musk and vanilla.  I do like this scent, but it is not something I would go out of my way to purchase.
La Petite Robe Noire by Guerlain is floral and very pretty.  I absolutely love this scent and would want this in full size eventually.
As soon as I took everything off the bag to put it away the cat came over and plopped down on it.

disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing/mentioning here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.