Sunday, December 8, 2013

NYC Day Trip




Here is a slideshow of my day in NYC.

My boyfriend's Mom's work tries to do a NYC trip in December every year.  This year I was able to go and my Mom came too.
They rented a bus to drive us down which was really nice because we didn't have to drive.

We started out near Rockefeller center and took a look at the Saks window display about The Yeti.  It was so incredibly cute!
Then we headed over to the 9/11 Memorial site.  It took quite a long while to get through security, but once we finally got in it was so worth it.  I cannot tell you how much that affected me.  It was very emotional visiting the pools.  The reason we are the only ones in one section is because they had it blocked off because of ice falling off a nearby building because of the wind, but the security guy let us through to visit our friend's name.
After that we went and grabbed lunch.  I didn't get a picture, but we all got burgers and large wedge fries that were absolutely delicious.  
Next we headed up to Laudree so I could get macarons.  I bought an enormous box and a smaller box for us to eat then.
We then headed down towards Rockefeller center again.  We stopped at Cartier and Tiffany to look at engagement rings (yes Jeremy knows I went looking, he asked me to)!  
We also did some shopping at Sephora and Papyrus (another post to come on my haul from the day).
Then we got street vendor pretzels and Jamba Juice smoothies and made our way back to where the bus would pick us up.
I had a magnificent day and can't wait to do it again!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin