Monday, December 9, 2013

NYC Day Trip Haul

First place we stopped was the 9/11 Memorial gift shop before we went to the actual site.  All the proceeds of anything you buy at the store go towards the memorial site and museum.  This is an overview look of everything I got.

I picked up this gorgeous metal Oak leaf with acorn ornament. The description in the box and on the website states, "Over 400 Swamp White Oak trees surround the National September 11 Memorial & Museum. Their leaves change to colors ranging from amber to golden brown, and sometimes pink around the time of the 9/11 anniversary. This ornament was molded form the leaf of a memorial tree, specially selected from within a 500-mile radius of the World Trade Center site as well as locations in Pennsylvania and Washington, D.C. to symbolize those areas impacted on September 11, 2001. The trees serve as graceful and hopeful symbols of life and longevity".

I also bought this grey scarf with navy stars on it.  The bracelet I got because we gave over a $10 donation.

This is a shot of a few other things form the memorial.  The top right is the brochure, then my ticket, the two white cards are print outs of where the name's were located at the memorial for the people we went to visit.  It also gave information on what company they worked for as well as who they were asked to be placed next to.

We went to Laudree at my request because I have been dying for good macarons.

I may have gone a tad bit overboard.

I bought a small box of macarons to have my Mom and Jeremy's Mom try while we were walking around.

Then I got this gorgeous pink box for myself.

The packaging is so pretty!

Here is a look at all my macarons I bought.

My favorite so far is the strawberry candy flavor. Yum!

Jeremy and I have been discussing getting engaged so his Mom and my Mom took me first to Cartier to look at rings.  The people there were incredibly nice and gave me this bridal book.

The ring second from the left is the one I tried on there and I really loved it.

We then walked to Tiffany where I did find a ring I liked (you can see it in my slide show from my NYC Day Trip post).  I loved that ring, but the attitude at Tiffany was very cold and off putting.

We also popped into Sephora so Jeremy's Mom could pick out a new perfume.  Of course I had to pick up a few things.

First thing I picked up is the NARS Guy Bourdin Promiscuous Lip Set.  This has been sold out online so I was so excited to see it in stores.  I already have New Lover so I will be giving that to someone else, but these are so creamy and look amazing, plus the pouch it comes with is sturdy and cute.

I have heard a lot about the Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray so I picked this small size to try it out.

I also wanted to pick up some of these Josie Maran Bear Naked Nail Wipes in Peppermint.  These are supposed to be a great alternative to acetone polish so I hope they work!

We also stopped in Papyrus where I picked up a pink Le Pen, a little TY Penguin named Glacier, and the book, What On Earth Are You Wearing? by Chloe Quigley and Daniel Pollock.
The pen writes pink and is fantastic.  The little penguin had Jeremy cracking up when I tossed it at him when I got home.  The book is so far a fantastic and rather satirical. 

This is everything I got while in NY.  I had an absolutely amazing time and got to get a few things I had been lusting after for awhile (mainly the Laudree macarons!).

disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing/mentioning here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.