Thursday, December 19, 2013

Julep Maven Box December 2013

I decided to do Julep again this month when I saw the were debuting an eyeshadow palette.  I haven't done them for a few months just because I currently have way to much polish and nothing else really was that appealing to me.

The tissue paper is so pretty and glittery!
The collection for the polishes is called Glitterati.
My box came with two twistband's in a silver and dark purple.  I love twistbands and hairbands like them.  They work so much better for my hair and look cute at the same time.
The box came with Julep's Blank Canvas Mattifying Eye Primer.  I have been using this almost everyday since I got it.  It is creamy and does help to make a "blank canvas" on your eye for your shadow. 
The only thing I really don't care for is that one it dries (and it dries rather quickly) it will not budge to blend it out more.  It does work well to prevent creasing in any shadow though.
As an add on I picked out this nailpolish from the new collection.  I love the red color which is what caught my eye initially.
The shade Cara is a cranberry frost and looks so pretty on.

This is a picture of the palette I received after my first one and I will explain more on that a bit later.
 The shades in the Sweep Eyeshadow Palette: Neutrals are Tiramisu, Glow, Dusk, Toffee, and Cocoa.

The palette is much smaller than I thought it would be just based on the pictures online which surprised me when I opened the box.  I like all of the shadows and they are pretty and this palette is much better than the first one as far as the consistency of the shadows.
From Left to Right:
Tiramisu is a nude satin.
Glow is a gold shimmer.
Dusk is a mauve-taupe satin.
Toffee is a bronze shimmer.
Cocoa is a chocolate brown with gold shimmers.
The first palette I got was all crumbly and a huge chunk came right out of one of the shadows.  Julep customer service asked for pictures in order to send me a new pallete so I sent them this one. They shipped me out a new palette which was not crumbly and did not break at all.  I think this palette may have been a fluke, but for the amount of money they are charging for the palette there should be no flukes.

I love this quote by Mae West, "Personality is the glitter".

Check out June's Box!
Check out May's Box!
Check out April's Box!
disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing/mentioning here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.