Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Birchbox Limited Edition Box: Precious Metals

I bit the bullet and bough the Precious Metals Limited Edition Box from Birchbox.  I had been eyeing it since it came out and finally decided to get it.  I am so glad I did because about a day later it sold out!

 The box it came in has a beautiful design and it is very shiny and gold.  The box is huge and I am going to find a way to re-purpose it as it is just to pretty to throw out.
 This is a look at how the box looked before I really began to sort through it..
 Here is the card explaining the box.  We can all get the golden touch of Midas with this box!
The listing of products on the back of the explanation card curiously does have the cost of the items on it.  It goes over the products in the box with a little information about them.
The box came with Kusmi Tea Paris Rose Green Tea.  It is a loose leaf tea which I honestly prefer over bagged teas.  While I personally have a whole slew of infusers I was glad to see they included an infuser in the box perhaps for those who have never had loose leaf tea before.  This is a light delicate tea and the rose petals look beautiful.
 This rose gold curler from Tweezerman is their Procurl Lash Curler.  I have used it for the past week or two and it has worked great so far.  I am very pleased with this.  It does have a rather high price tag and I don't know I would have purchased it if it had not come in the box.
I got the Gorjana Taner Shimmer necklace in rose gold.  It is absolutely beautiful and delicate.  The only thing I don't like about it is that the chain is not as long as I like to wear necklaces, but that is easily solved with a chain extender.
 I was both excited and nervous to see my Cynthia Rowley palette in the box.  I was excited because the colors looked so beautiful online, but nervous because a lot of other people's palettes came with damaged shadows.
Thankfully as you can see none of my shadows were damaged!  The shadows are incredibly buttery soft and pigmented.
I absolutely love the shades in this palette.  I used this to do my makeup for my NYC day trip.  I used the second through fifth shades for my look.  They looked amazing and did not crease or flake away, they still looked great at the end of the day.
I was surprised how large this Folli Follie Heart4Heart cosmetic bag is as I was expecting it to be smaller.  This fit the Cynthia Rowley palette as well as all my other makeup that I put in my bag for my NYC day trip.  I have also now been using it as my cosmetic bag just in my daily purse.  The leather is buttery soft and I love that it came with a dust bag for storage.
These headphones from Frends Ella are no only gorgeous they produce amazing sounds.  I love that the volume and pause button are on the bar on the cord.  Also, the cord is wrapped in a fabric-like thread so that it does not tangle.  The headphones also come with a little pouch to store them in. 
The box also had a very shiny Essie polish.
Essie's Encrusted Nail Polish in Hors D'Oeuvres is a platinum gold nail polish with silver iridescent glitter.













disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing/mentioning here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.