Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Link
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I woke up at 4AM to start cooking and here are some of the pictures throughout the day.

Cranberries always look so beautiful.

Here is the nearly finished cranberry sauce (yum yum!).

We made a spicy cornbread stuffing that was SO spicy, but good! (recipe)

I drank so many cups of coffee to keep me awake.

I may have eaten one of these turkey sugar cookies for breakfast.

We made brussel sprouts with bacon that are my absolute favorite. (recipe)

I had a mug of the brussel sprouts for breakfast too.  Had to make sure they were good enough to serve!

Made delicious cinnamon carrots.

Steamy carrot goodness.

Basting the turkey!

26 pounds of delicious turkey!

Watched the parade as it came on.  This is one of my favorite things to do every year.

Worked on peeling to potatoes for mashed potatoes while I watched the parade.

Hello Kitty!

Finn and Jake!
Turkey is done and looking good!

Yummy gravy.

I didn't take a picture of my plate as I was far too hungry to think about cameras when it came time to eat, but I assure you it was so good.

For Black Friday I started out with some online shopping at H&M, ASOS, and Sephora (haul post to come on that).  Then we headed over to my Dad's house.
We helped him get Christmas trees and start decorating the house (forgot to take pictures of the trees, but they are huge and beautiful!).

I also got to meet their new Golden Retriever puppy, Beck!
Insta
He was so sleepy and I held him for a good while when we got there and snuggled with him.

Insta
Oh I just love puppies!

Insta
I also hung out with the King of the Muppets aka Captain who is a Coton de Tulear and so snuggly and cute.

Insta
My Dad is getting surgery to move a pinched nerve in his arm and someone sent him this gift basket which he then gave to us.  So many yummy treats!


I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a non-hectic Black Friday!