Wednesday, November 13, 2013

September 2013 Ipsy Bag

This is my September Ipsy bag!

This month's theme is classic beauty and the graphic on the card is lovely.

These Freeman paper masks make you look super crazy, but they work well and feel very nice.  I have used the Blue Agave one so far and it made my skin very soft and smooth.  I was going to use one of these on the plane trip to Disney, but did not want to look to scary or nutty.
 This bag came with this dark charcoal shimmer NYX eyeshadow in Cryptonite.
This color is very pigmented, but it is a bit crumbly.  I haven't really found a NYX shadow that I have really loved or wanted to use.  I may end up using this wet to help it stick better and not crumble all over my face as much.
The It's So Big mascara worked alright on me.  I am not crazy about this mascara.  I don't love it and I don't hate it.
The brush has a bit of an hourglass shape, but not nearly as much as in the pictures of the full sized product on the website.  I am not sure if this is just a faulty sample or if they just did not keep the same brush, but I find the brush is just as important as the mascara's formula.
I absolutely cannot stand concealer colored lips.  The color I received is called Honeycrisp.  This looks absolutely horrible on me and the nude lip look is something I just do not like on myself.
The formula was not terrible and it was a bit creamy, but the color just does not work.  Also, the day I went to try this out I barely had the lipstick up and it broke off at the bottom.  Not happy with this at all.
Starlooks liner pencil in Obsidian is a standard and good quality black eyeliner.

This is a creamy matte black and goes on nicely.  You can smudge it out for a smokey look or make a very dark black line.  This is a great product and would be something I would purchase again.
The bag came with a sample of EM Cosmetics eye shadows and blush from the Career Life Palette.  These shades are from the bottom left hand corner of the palette.  I actually really loved these colors.  They had fantastic pigmentation and the little card sample lasted me quite a few days of use.  I wish you could purchase individual pots of shadow instead of having to spend so much on the huge palette when I only want three or four shades.




Check out my August Bag!
Check out my July Bag!
Check out my May Bag!

If you want to join Ipsy go here!
disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing/mentioning here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.