Wednesday, November 27, 2013

October 2013 Beauty Bar Sample Society

This is my October Beauty Bar Sample Society box.

This is the card listing all the products this month.  It came with five products and one was a full size nail polish!
This is the magazine they include every month.  I really like this addition, but I wish they would switch back to the glossy magazine paper instead of the flimsy low-quality paper they use now.
I love butter LONDON polishes so I was very excited when I saw this in the box.  This looked stunning on, but was miserable to get off.  It took me so long to get it off that it made me wonder whether the beauty of it on was worth it.
The color is a bright blue fine particle glitter that is called Scallywag.
The Minus 417 Hand Moisturizer is fantastic.  It is not greasy at all and smells lovely.  It completely soaks into my dry hands and makes them soft.  I would purchase the full size of this when I run out of the sample (and finish off a few other lotions first!).
Ouidad products work very well on my hair and this one is no exception to that.  The Botanical Boost Moisture Infusing and Refreshing Spray makes my locks shiny and soft.  I spray this on and then brush it through wet hair after I get out of the shower .  It works great if I let it air dry naturally or blow dry it. 
I have tried the IPKN Moist and Firm BB with SPF 45 a few times.  The shade I got is 02 Light and works well with my skin tone.  I don't know that it really firms my skin, but it does seem to hydrate it.  It did not bother my skin either or break me out which is nice.  This is a good product, but it did not make me feel like I had to have it.
I typically love all Diptyque fragrances, but this one just did not mesh well with me.  This is the 34 Eau de Toilette and it was just way too strong no matter how little I put on.  I did not care for the fragrance either.  It is probably because this is a woody fragrance and I tend to prefer floral or spicy scents.








disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing/mentioning here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.