Thursday, October 31, 2013

Minnie Mouse Halloween Costume (My Way)

We were allowed to wear costumes this year to work so this is what I chose.  I did not want to go out and buy a costume and rather used things I had gotten at Disney.
The sweater I am wearing, as far as I know, is something you can only get at the Disney parks.  It is extremely comfortable and I especially love the dolman style sleeves (even if it made my arm look huge).
The sparkly Minnie ears you can get both at Disney parks and online or you can make your own!
I wore it with black jeans and the mouse shoes below.
I got these mouse flats at Kohl's (they are by Mudd) last year and realized they worked perfect with Minnie Mouse costume.


I did my nails up for my costume as well and attempted to make mickey heads/ears on my thumb nails.  This is the only one that was passable for a mickey head.
To get the nail look I started with the Formula X for Sephora in Pyrotechnic all over the nail.  To get the color I used two coats.  I waited for it to dry then poured out some of the Pandora's white polish and dipped a pencil end into it and just dabbed it all over my nail until I had the desired amount of dots.  Then on my thumbnail I took Essie's Power Clutch  (if you have black polish use that) and poured some out and then dipped the eraser side of the pencil into it and pressed in the head first then two ears.  I finished it off with a coat of Julep's Freedom Polymer top coat. 
It is really that simple to get this look.


This is unfortunately a rather blurry picture of my makeup.  This was surprisingly easy to do and came out super cute.
On my face I put on Benefit's Hello Oxygen Wow! Foundation in "Cheers to Me" Champagne with my beauty blender.
I swept The Balm's Frat Boy on the apples and blended it towards my temples then put Benefit's High Beam on top of my cheekbones, down my nose, and on my cupid's bow.

On my eyes I primed my lids with Urban Decay's Primer Potion in Eden then patted Stila's Kitten on top.
I lined my top lash line with Tarte's Clay Liner in Black and lined my lower lash line only on the outer half.
I then curled my lashes and did a coat of Lancome's Hypnose Star Mascara.

For my whiskers I used the Tarte liner and drew four whiskers on each side of my nose.

For my nose I used the Tarte liner to draw a circle.  I waited for it to dry then drew on the shine mark.
For the white shine mark I dipped the brush in water and then used the color Matt Malloy from my Meet Matt(e) Nude palette from The Balm to draw a line for the shine mark.

For my lips I swiped on MAC's Matte Riri Woo then after it dried I did the same process as I used on my nose to draw on shine marks on the top left and bottom left side of my lips.


I also made sure to have my Minnie Alex and Ani bracelet on!

Being Minnie for the day was a very cute, comfortable, and easy costume.  You can use any makeup you already have to get the look I created and wear anything either Mickey and Minnie related or get into it and recreate her signature polka dot red dress.

I wish you a very happy and safe Halloween!


disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing/mentioning here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.