Monday, September 23, 2013

September 2013 Birchbox

Here is my September Birchbox!  This month's theme is heritage.

 Here is the card about the theme for the month.
 This is the list of all the products in the box.
I loved this little card with some nice buzzwords on it.

I have used a few Amika products in the past and have been impressed by all of them.  The Bombshell Blow Up Spray gave me much needed volume and smoothed my hair.  I used it on wet/damp hair before blow drying and it worked very nicely.  It did not make my hair sticky as others reported.  This is something I would purchase in the future.
I was very excited about this Ruffian collection nail lacquer being in my box.  The formula of the polish is not streaky and goes on with nice opacity with only one or two coats.
I love the bottle's design as the top is perfect for gripping in either left or right hand to pain your nails.

I got the shade Hedge Fund which is a khaki/army green color with a gold shimmer to it.
I really love this color and I added a bit of gold polish as a half moon/half nail design to pick up more of the gold tones.

I was jealous when other people had gotten the Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips in their boxes a few months back and was thrilled to see it in my box this month.  I suffer from chronic dry lips all year 'round. A little of this goes a long way in relieving my dry skin and making my lips baby smooth.
I will definitely purchase a full size of this when this little tube runs out.
I have been using the Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm as a primer and it works beautifully for that.  It can work on its own, but I prefer it as a primer as it has a high SPF 45 in it and it works better for me that way.  I am neither crazy for this nor do I hate it.  I will use it while I have it and may purchase it in the future, but I won't be dying for it when I run out.
The last sample is the Eyeko Black Magic mascara.  I like the packaging on this mascara, but other than that this product did not really do it for me.  For the steep full size price of $24 I do not think this is worth it.  It did not give my lashes any volume and really only made them darker.  I am not a fan of this, but maybe it would work better for someone who has naturally curled lashes.

Here comes the cat.  As soon as I try to start setting up she hops up.

Check out August's Birchbox!
Check out July's Birchbox!
Check out June's Birchbox!
Check out May's Birchbox!
Check out April's Birchbox!

disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.