Thursday, September 5, 2013

Makeup Haul (Birchbox, CVS, & Sephora)

This is a haul that I have been accumulating for awhile.  Most of this was bought in August, but some was bought towards the end of July.  I am really trying to use and test products before I discuss them on the blog as I find that to be the most useful way to talk about everything I get, even if that means I am a bit behind everyone.  
Without further ado, let's jump in!

 I bought this Wanderlust Polish by Color Club collection  from Birchbox.  These are all mini polishes, but for only $8 for the set I think it is a great deal.
The set comes with bright beautiful colors that are great for Summer, but also nice to add a pop of color to dark fall polishes.
The formula on these is great and lasts for a bit over a week on me without chipping (using no base coat and my Seche Vite top coat).  I got Pardon My French in my Birchbox in June and that is what inspired me to pick up the rest of the collection.

 I bought the Dream Bouncy Blush in #40 Pink Plum.  The product feels very awkward when trying to use it, but the color is very pretty.
Unfortunately, I am not having great results making this blush last. I put it on in the morning and go to work and I find whether I use a primer or not it is gone by lunch time.
If you are the type of person to bring your face with you to do touch ups during the day then I would recommend this blush.  It is very blendable and looks natural on the face.
If you do not bring your face with you like me then you may want to steer clear of this as it just does not seem to last (I tried every primer I own which is about 6 different products all by different companies and none seemed to help it stay any longer).

 After hearing so many people rave about the Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze I had to pick it up to try it out.
This is a beautiful shimmery bronze tone that blends well onto the lids.  I would definitely use a primer with this as if you do not it will crease on you.  With a primer it lasts all day and looks stunning.
I am very impressed with this and plan to get more shades.

 I have used this particular color set since High School.  The two middle shades are what I reach for primarily as they make my hazel (brown/green) eyes really stand out.
 I had been out of this Precious Metals quad for awhile and decided to pick it up while I was at CVS.
 The formula is just as perfect as I remember and it now comes with a mirror on the inside.  The shades are buildable and blend well together.
If you look at the picture above the swatches are the colors in order left to right, in the picture to the left they are top to bottom.  
I love mixing the two middle shades for all over my lid then using the darker bronze all the way to the left for the crease/outer corner.

 I had heard a lot of people touting the Maybelline Age Rewind as an amazing product to conceal under eyes.  I tried it multiple days and even using an eye cream before and every time it creases and looks patchy.  I don't know if it is the new formula and maybe I should try the original one, but I really did not like this at all.
 I was perusing the Revlon section after I picked up the eye shadow quad and this blush jumped out at me.
 The bright pink color looked so pretty and cheery and after the fail with the bouncy blush I wanted to try the Photoready in Flushed out.
 This blush makes me look sunkissed and looks surprisingly natural for the bright hue.
The formula goes on smooth and lasts almost all day with and without a primer.
 I had seen a lot of people talking about the Color Whispers and the packaging looks so pretty so after spending way too long deciding on a shade I picked this one up.
 I got #60 Petal Rebel which is a pretty sheer pink.
This goes on smoothly and looks very light, but pretty on my lips.  It does not have too much shimmer, but looks healthy and has a bit of sheen on my lips.

 I got a few things at Sephora a few weeks ago as well.
 I have wanted to try a deodorant without aluminum for awhile.  The Lavanila Deodorant got mixed reviews on Sephora's website, but I decided to try it anyway.
The product did not make me itchy at all, but the scent did not mix well with my body's natural odors AT ALL.
I felt so smelly by the end of the day (J said I did not smell bad).  It was not necessarily a bad smell, but not a good smell either.
I would like to try this again, but maybe a different scent.
 I  had gotten a sample awhile ago of Lancome's Hypnose Star mascara.  At that time I had so many  new ones to try that I kind of overlooked this one.
Then I started using it a few weeks back and fell in love so I bought it.  I love that I got the Alber Elbaz designed one too as it is so unique.
 This separates and lengthens my lashes.  It looks beautiful and does not clump my lashes.  I have found my holy grail mascara at last!
 These are the free samples I got with my purchase.  I love Bumble and Bumble products and these worked very well to keep my hair soft and manageable. The Gentle shampoo is hydrating while the Super Rich conditioner makes my hair smooth and sleek.
The Hydra Life from Dior is an eye creme I can get behind.  It does not look patchy or settle into the lines around my eyes.  I will probably purchase the full size of this.
The Agave Oil Treatment is an amazing product.  It makes my hair so silky and manageable. Love this!
 I used some points to try out the Marc Jacobs eyeliner in black.  This is a gel crayon and goes on so smoothly.
 It is also extremely long lasting and stays put without smudging or moving until you want it to.
I swatched this on my hand and then a minute later tried to wipe it off and it would not budge.  I actually had to use eye makeup remover to get it off (not even make up remover towelettes would get it to move!).
I am very impressed with the quality of this product and will purchase the full size.
 I also got this sample bag of products for being a VIB.
The Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer I have always wanted to try, but never tried before.  I actually really love this and have been using it everyday that I do not use my Benefit foundation.
The POREfessional I am not a huge fan of I gave this sample to my Mom to see if she has any more luck with it.
Sephora's age defy moisture cream is a nice light moisturizer.  It is not my favorite, but it does work nicely.
The L'Occitane Cleansing and Softening Shower Oil smells amazing and leaves that nice scent on my skin for awhile.  It is hydrating too.  This is definitely going on my wishlist.
I liked the scent on the Hanae Mori HM perfume, but did not love it.  It is nothing I will rush out to purchase, but is nice to use every once in awhile.
The Boscia Luminizing Black Mask I plan to use this week so I am not sure how my skin will react.  It seems to have very mixed reviews online.

 I love the Marvelous Moxie's by Bare Minerals.  The color payoff is always fantastic and the tingles make your lips plump up (in a good way).
The shade it came in is Maverick which does have a bit of shimmer and is a darker color, but it should work great in the Fall/Winter.

 The Sephora eye shadows have great pigment.  The packaging on this is a bit flimsy so I had to be very careful with it.
The color is a nice dark grey with a gold glitter in it.

 The shade is Queen for a day and will work fantastic for a smokey eye.
 I love Stila's lip glazes.  I actually already have and love the Apricot shade so I gave the unopened one to my Mom to try out.
It is a pretty nude melon color that looks beautiful on the lips and is a subtle touch of color with a nice sheen.













disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing/mentioning here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.