Sunday, September 15, 2013

3.1 Phillip Lim for Target

Let me tell you I have been waiting for the 3.1 Phillip Lim collection to come to Target since I found out it was coming months ago.  I woke up at 7AM, got dressed, and then headed to my closest Target after making sure last night that they would actually have the collection at that location.
I got their about 15 minutes before they opened and there was already about 8 women in front of me in line.
The doors opened at 8AM and we all but ran to the collection inside.  Then my stomach fell...the bag I wanted, and had checked online to make sure they had, was not there anywhere.  I was told by a few employees that what was out was it, but that I could check with customer service.  I marched over with another customer and asked them about it.  They said they showed it there, but that it doesn't seem they may have it (because it was not out).
After being told a dozen times that even if it says they have it online does not mean they got it in the store (I know this is not true) I insisted they checked their inventory.  They obliged and BINGO they found the rest of the collection in the back.
I had to literally dive under another woman to grab my bag before anyone else could as they brought them out on a dolly.  After I finally had the bag I had been coveting for months in my hands I turned to all the Target employees and thanked them for their patience and let them know how much I appreciated them checking again and also apologized if I came off a lot a bit stubborn or "bitchy".
I may be cray cray for this bag, but I will not forget my manners!

I then clung to the bag for the rest of my shopping trip and gleefully shouted that I got it when I got home.  My boyfriend didn't care about the bag, but was happy that I was happy.

Now that I've written a book here, let's get on to what you're here for...the pictures!


This is the black Tote with Gusset.  I had posted a picture from a magazine of this on my instagram (that's how obsessed I am!).  The bag is very nice quality and does not look cheap at all.  I will say that if you did not get one this morning you probably won't get one at all.  Once they brought all the bags out they were gone in about 30 seconds.

I love the detail on the zipper pull.
 Here's the front.
 And the back.
 This is a view top down.  I just laid the bag down to get it easier.
Here is a close up of the pocket on the front.  I can fit my iPhone 5 in it even in it's large Otterbox case.
 It is a magnetic closure.
Here is a look of the inside of the bag.
 The zipper pocket on the back wall of the bag is actually rather deep.
This is the embossing on the back pocket.  It's the same detail as on the zipper pull.
 This is a look at the front wall's pockets.  Both the front and back have these little tab loops on them and I realized it was the picture spot to hang my Bath and Body Works Anti-bacterial holder.

This is a top down view of the pockets.  These are also rather deep pockets and you could put a cell phone in these instead if you wanted to.












disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing/mentioning here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.