Friday, August 23, 2013

Beach Bag Must Haves

I know it is rather late in the season, but I figured I would do a post on my beach/pool bag must haves.
This was supposed to go up yesterday, but I guess I hit save instead of publish...whoops!

Anytime I go to the beach I always bring my iPad.  It has 3g so I can access anything I need to like email, magazines I have on it, etc.  The case is from Juicy Couture that I got a few years ago.
I also usually bring some hard copy magazines and the book I'm reading currently.  Right now I am reading She-Hulk which I picked up at the Comic store a few weeks ago.  It's a good read so far.

I always bring a few hair items with me as well.  My hair gets unruly when it is wet so I like to have a detangling spray with me.  Currently I am loving the  pH Restorative Detangling Mist that I got in my June GlossyBox.  It does a great job of detangling my hair and making it soft.
I also always bring my Wet Brush as it works fantastic on wet hair.
I love this compact of hair ties (from my HauteLook Summer Essentials Beauty Bag) because it keeps them together and easy to find in my bag.  The ties are great for holding my hair up in a bun or whatever style I like after my hair is wet.

I am huge on skincare at the beach or pool.  I use Aveeno Hydrosport on my body, it smells good and goes on easily.  Aveeno products are also very gentle so they don't bother my skin.
I love the Supergoop! Eye Cream (from my July BeautyBar Box) and Supergoop! SPF 30 Anti-aging City Sunscreen Serum  (from my July PopSugar Box) products.  They go on and again do not irritate my skin.  
I also sometimes use the Elizabeth Arden's Prevage that I got in my Pink CEW Box from Birchbox as it feels good on the skin and has good anti-aging properties.
I use the Fresh Sugar lip balm in Rose because it adds a bit of color, but also has SPF in it.
The Evian's Brumisateur Facial Spray that I got in my Summer Fab Fit Fun Box is perfect to cool off a bit when it gets too hot out and also to keep my skin hydrated.

 I have used this as my beach/pool bag for years and years.  I got it at The Limited when I was in High School and still love it (similar here).  It is woven with wooden handles and an orange interior.  I added the paisley headscarf on the handle in case I want to use it to hold back my hair and also to add a bit of color to the outside of the bag.

I have had the striped beach towel with my name on it for a long time (hence why it looks a bit ratty).  They have some really cute ones you can monogram at Lands End right now.
I got the black cover up dress from Victoria's Secret Pink a few years ago.  It is a cotton drop waist dress and very comfortable and easy to throw on and go (this one is similar, but I love this one).
The bathing suit is a one piece that is hot pink and retro style.  I got it from Target a few years ago and it's my go to bathing suit (same one).

As soon as the cat saw my hairbrush she ran over and started rubbing her face on it.  She does this every time I put it in her reach!

disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.