Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August 2013 Birchbox

Here is August's Birchbox.  The theme this month is Finishing School.

 Here is the front of the card this month.
This is the listing of all the products included in the box.

I was very nervous to try this product with the word "peel" on it as that usually means an angry red face, but this was completely different.  This is for sensitive skin types, which I am, and it made my skin feel so much smoother after just one use.  This little jar of Juice Beauty's Green Apple Peel Sensitive will last me a few uses.
It did have a bit of an odd scent to it, but that will not deter me from using it.
 I was pleasantly surprised by the Miss Jessie's Super Slip Sudsy Shampoo.  This left my hair feeling silky and very soft.  I am very picky about my shampoo, but I think I will pick this one up when I run out of my current shampoo as it just made my hair feel wonderful.
 I received the Sumita Color Contast Eyeliner in Mansha.  The pencil glides on and lasts all day and when you first put it on you can smudge it out and it will stay all day once it has set.
 The color I got is in a deep plum and is very pretty.  I actually didn't think I would use it, but put it on with a bit of mascara and it actually looked very nice.
 These Jasmine Seven Fresh Feet Wipes are great to freshen up midday or after traveling.  I am going to get a pack to bring with my to Disney when I go in October to use after the plane trip and if I need it during the day.
 I got one of the ModelCo lipsticks in my box.  This one is part of the classics trio.
 I got this in the shade Dusk Till Dawn which is a brown with orange undertones.
I don't normally go for a dark lip, but it did look nice on and my boyfriend didn't say "What's on your lips?" like he usually does with a "shocking" color.

A few seconds after this picture was taken she started playing with the tissue paper.  Free toys!

If you want to sign up for Birchbox, just go here!

Check out July's Birchbox!
Check out June's Birchbox!
Check out May's Birchbox!
Check out April's Birchbox!
Check out March's Birchbox!
Check out February's Birchbox!
disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.