Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 2013 Ipsy Bag

I decided to give the Ipsy bag another try this month.

The bag it comes in is bright pink and beachy, but it's kind of impractical for make up and looks more like a pencil case.

The first item in the bag is the Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray.  I tried this out last night and found it not to be as sticky as the It Hair Care Surf Spray that I got in my Fab Fit Fun box.  I am finding it doesn't give my waves/curls texture which is the whole reason to use a spray like this.
I like that it makes my hair soft, but dislike the fact it gives my hair no texture.
I also received the Coola Mineral Sunscreen SPF20 Unscented Moisturizer.  I have not used this yet, but have heard many people talk about how much they love Coola products so I am eager to try this.
I love all the tints by Benefit normally because they're more of a gel-like liquid.  The Benetint one is just completely liquid which I do not like as much.  It bled into the lines around my mouth if I did not blend it in fast enough.
Maybe it is something I just need to learn how to use, but so far I am disappointed with this one.
The Pouty Pop Crayon is in Rose Romance.  This color looks rather dark, but it's actually pretty light.

Here is the swatch of the color.  It's a little lighter than my natural lip color, but actually looks really nice on.

I got this mini California Collection palette with my bag.  I don't see that I will ever use that purple color, but the other two colors are rather pretty.

The colors are Malibu which is a yellow shimmery gold, San Francisco is a slightly shimmery bronze shade, and then I got the matte purple deep eggplant shade.  I can see myself using the first two, but the purple one just doesn't seem like a shade I will ever use.









Check out my May Bag!

If you want to join Ipsy go here!

disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.