Wednesday, July 31, 2013

HauteLook Summer Essentials Beauty Bag

I have not picked up the last few Beauty Bags as I was only interested in a few pieces in each one.  This bag however, had so many things I was interested in.

 To start I love the navy and white cosmetic bag.  It is waterproof and is rather large.
 The navy and white polka dots are only on one side, the other side is clear.  I actually prefer this as I can see everything in the bag this way.
You can see it is a rather large bag and it fit everything I received in the bag.  I could not figure out where they got this one, but similar bags can be found here, here, and here.

 I love these L.Erickson hair bands, they say Kknekki on the bead on the elastic which is also another company.  These are very comfortable which I was surprised about because since switching to Twist Bands only I do not usually reach for elastics anymore.  These are fantastic though and I love the colors I received.
 I have not found this particular set anywhere, but you can get some similar ones on Nordstrom's site.
 I love Diptyque's fragrances, they are a perfume that a little goes a very long way.  I do not love the L'Ombre dans L'Eau Eau de Toilette as much as I was hoping as it smells extremely strongly and is a bit too floral (didn't know that could happen!).  I find if I spray it and walk through it and I seem to be able to handle that a lot more than spraying it directly on myself.
 I have never used Tan Towel, but someone commented on my pasty legs last week so I figured I would give it a try.  It did not work as well as I was hoping.  I exfoliated before I used it and applied it by wiping it onto my legs in circles.  It gave me only very little color and it didn't seem to change much so I was disappointed with the performance.  I don't know if the Half Body is any different working than the Full Body or if the Classic (which this was) or the Plus make a whole lot of difference.  Maybe I just need to try a different one to get better results.
 The bag has Whish's Body Butter in Orange Cream which is actually a Nordstrom exclusive fragrance.  It smells like a creamsicle and makes my skin so soft.
 I have long loved L'Occitane's Shea Butter Hand Cream.  I love that I have another travel size that I can throw in my purse or toiletry bag,  This is fantastic all over, but especially on very dry spots.  The packaging is fantastic as well.
 This lipstick by Nyx is a perfect match for my lips.  It is the Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Vitamin.
 The color is a pearlescent peach and the shade is an exact match for my lips natural shade so it makes them look a little richer and shimmery.  It is very pretty.
 I very rarely use any form of hairspray.  I'm very much an air dry hair with a bit of hair product.  If I go out at night or to a party I sometimes use hairspray so I might give the Blow Pro After Blow a go then. This seems like it works better on fine hair and not on thick hair.
The bag included the Lash Food Eyelash Conditioner. I am very hesitant to use any products like this near my eyes.  I have hear fantastic reviews on this and most people have said there is no irritation.  I might do an overtime review of this, let me know in the comments if you want me to do that!
 The LORAC Special Effects mascara did seem to boost my lashes quite a bit.  I like the formula and found it easy to use (one I read the directions).  I do not like the rubber bristles on the brush though as these seem to bother my eyes more and then I get it everywhere.
The Miracle 10 AHA Cream I have only used this once or twice and noticed it did make my skin softer.  Even though this is an exfoliator it did not irritate the sensitive skin of my neck.  I do not have much in the way of any appearance of aging so I cannot speak to how it would help with that.
This travel set from Crown Brush really has everything you might need in it.  The brushes are no soft which is a bummer, but it is great to grab in a pinch.
The set includes (left to right) a brow/lash groomer, powder/blush brush, eye shadow, oval lip brush, and angle liner brush.
It comes in a plastic sleeve to keep everything protected and easy to take.
 The Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Pencil in Naked is very creamy.  It goes on very smooth and is easy to line and fill in with.
 The color is a lot darker than I was expecting, but I will still try to use it.
The Mirenesse Glossy Lacquer Stain I received is in Mirror Me.  This goes on very smoothly and has extreme color payoff.
The color is a vibrant tomato red.  It has a bit of orange tones to it as well.  The swatch is only two passes of the wand on my hand so you can see a little goes a very long way.  It does look okay with my olive tone, but I don't often go for as bold a lip as this.  Maybe I will have to try it!
Kitty Cameo!

Check out the last Beauty Bag from HauteLook I bought

disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.