Sunday, June 16, 2013

June 2013 Julep Maven Box

I got my Julep box for June and I am pretty happy with  my box.  I know a lot of people were having issues with the DD creme and concealer, but I honestly feel they weren't applying it properly as I haven't had that many issues.

 I got the DD Creme in Light.  First of it does come out looking rather dark and slightly orange, however, if you do a little at a time it really blends in beautifully.  Sometimes I use moisturizer to loosen it up and have it go on lighter which really works the best with this.
 The color looks super dark on my hand, but honestly if you mix it with a bit of moisturizer and blend it into your face with your fingers it comes out looking rather nice.  It does what is says as far as primes and helps my blush to stay on longer.
 I also got the DD Concealer in Light.  This one is not as dark and not as orange.  With this a little goes a long way.  The amount on my hand there is far too much, but I didn't really control it coming out.
 I find this doesn't need anything to blend well with my skin and gives good coverage on any red spots or discoloration.
I love Salt Water Taffy so this was a really nice treat in the box.  My boyfriend and I ate these shortly after the pictures were done.



















Check out May's Box!
Check out April's Box!

disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.