Thursday, June 13, 2013

June 2013 Birchbox


My June Birchbox arrived!  I have so far liked almost everything I got in the box this month.  The box's theme for June is Wanderlust.


Here is a look at everything out of the little pouches and such.

 My box came with the Davines 3-Step System for hair.
This comes with the Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo which smells amazing.  It's supposed to tame frizzy and tangle prone hair which is great because I battle both of those things.
It came with a foil packet sample of the Davines Love Smoothing Conditioner which is supposed to again battle frizz and tangles which would be great for my hair.
There is also a foil packet sample of the Davines Oi/Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion which is supposed to fight frizz and breakage overtime.

I got the Oscar de la Renta Something Blue perfume sample in my box too.  I like the opening notes of mandarin, but I don't tend to reach for a musky perfume.  This one is light so it's not too bad, but it's not a favorite.
 The Mireness Glossy Kiss in Quick Kiss I found to be very hydrating and very very bright.

The Quick Kiss shade is a bright orange-red shade and has huge color payoff.
 Here you can see it in action.  It goes on and stays on pretty well while still being hydrating and not drying my lips at all.  It is easy to apply and I like the stick form it comes in as it makes it easy to throw in a purse and put on on the go.
 I love all the colors in this Color Club Wanderlust Collection.  I am happy with mine as it is nothing like anything I have had in my collection before.
 Mine came in the color Pardon My French it was created with Paris in mind.  It states the, "lavender represents our love affair with the candy-colored arrays of macarons in the City of Light’s iconic bakeries".  This is perfect as I have such a love affair with French macarons.

The box also came with a stack of adorable post cards sticking again with the theme of Wanderlust.

The cat loves anything made of paper so as soon as I put these down she ran over.  First she tried to lay on them, but I pushed her to the side.  I will be getting frames for these and hanging them somewhere in my bedroom.

Here she is protesting me and trying to climb back onto them.




















Check out May's Birchbox!
Check out April's Birchbox!
Check out March's Birchbox!
Check out February's Birchbox!

disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.