Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May 2013 Julep Maven Box

For May's Julep box I got the Modern Beauty box.  The theme this month was very 1920's Jazz Era inspired.
I love the glittery patterned tissue paper in the box as well as the burgundy paper bits inside.  It really pulled together the 20's feel.

I received the New York Jazz Lipstick Trio in my box.  First off I have to say I love the packaging.  It reminds me of the opening screen to a silent film.

As it states it is a trio of lipsticks.  They are a decent size and actually perfect for throwing in a small bag.  The colors are Tea for Two, Satin Doll, and Lady in Red.

Tea for Two is the one at the top that you can barely see.  It is a shimmery pale pink-nude.  The next down is Satin Doll which is a "poppy lip sheer".  It is a sheer pink shade that looks rather nice on or under Tea for Two.  Last is Lady in Red which is a very deep matte crimson color.

These all go on very nicely and do stay on (especially Lady in Red).

The Sugar Smooch Lip Scrub smells like delicious vanilla sugar.  I have not tried the scrub yet, but I just love the packaging on this as well, I think it's beautiful to just have out on my vanity.  I have a bit of a lip sore from biting my lip on accident so once that heals I am definitely going to give this one a go.

I also received Julep's American Beauty Volumizing Mascara.  I have not tried this yet as I am still loving the Buxom mascara I received in my Pop Sugar Must Have Box back in March.  As always I will eventually give this a try, but probably not soon.

The box came with these pretty flower hair pins.  I can't find them anywhere on Julep's website (sorry!), but I can tell you I just love them.

My bangs are growing out still and these are perfect for holding them back.  I use one of these and it holds my hair all day.  I am impressed with them and very happy I got them.















Check out April's Box!
disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.