Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Haul: Sephora, The Balm, Prestiche and Birchbox

I got quite a few things from Sephora the other week.  The picture above is an overshot over everything I bought from them.

I am surprised at how much I love these Benefit tints, this is the Gettin' Cheeky set that is a Sephora exclusive. I have been using Posie Tint almost everyday for the past few weeks.  It gives a very natural pink glow to cheeks.  All of these looking rather shocking in the bottle, but much more natural when you apply them.

From left to right is Posie Tint, Sun Beam, then Cha Cha Tint.  I really do love Posie so I have used that the most often.  I have not really used the other two, but with summer approaching I feel they will become more appropriate.

I had seen so many bloggers raving about the Caudalie Divine Oil and since it was under $10 I figured I could give it a try.  I have very dry skin (everywhere, except my face) so I used this on my body.  It absorbs quickly and has a scent that's not too bothersome to it.  I have not used it in my hair yet, but will soon as I do love hair oils.

I am trying to get rid of the blackheads and large pores I have on and around my nose (sorry, tmi?).  I thought I would try these out as they seemed to have some good reviews.  I don't think these Boscia Pore Purifying Black Strips are any better than the store brand.  They didn't even seem to pull as much out as the Biore ones I usually get.  I will use the whole box as they are rather pricey, but I think I will go back to Biore after these.
I love this lip color so much.  It is the perfect "my lips, but better" color for me.  I usually put on my Burt's Bees Pink Grapefruit lip balm and then apply this over it.  I find that gives the best coverage and really moisturizes my lips.  This is the Rouge Pur Couture Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain in #7 Corail Aquatique.  


This cruddy swatch doesn't do it justice.  I am contemplating buying a backup of this lip gloss stain as I just love it that much.
Face Soap and Clarity™ 3-In-1 Daily-Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash is foamy, refreshing and smells great.  The scent does not bother my skin or my eyes which I appreciate.  I had never tried a Soap and Glory product before, but I think I will try more since this one is so nice.



With some of my Beauty Insider points I got these Facial Radiance Pads by First Aid Beauty.  I really like these pads, they are gentile and do not irritate my skin.  They do seem to add a glow to my complexion which is lovely.


 My Birthday is in May so I also added on the Birthday gift this year from Sephora.  This year they partnered with Benefit to give both Watt's Up! highlighter and They're! Real mascara minis.  I love both of these products.  Watt's up is a perfect highlighter for anywhere and goes on so easy.  


This is the first of my free samples from Sephora.  I picked the Atelier Cologne in Vanille Insensée Cologne Absolue which is a very warm scent with the main note being vanilla.  I will save this one for fall and winter when I want to wear warmer scents.


  The Versace Yellow Diamond Eau De Toilette is a bright and floral fragrance.  This one is going to be perfect for spring and summer.  I like that it is light, but still has good staying power. 


I absolutely love this Drybar 100 Proof Treatment Oil.  It is very hydrating and smells amazing.  This went straight onto my shopping list and I will purchase a full size of this soon.  


The Balm had a huge sale where everything was 50% off.  I had seen a video from Leigh Ann Says about the Meet Matt(e) Nude Palette so I decided I had to grab it.


Here is a view inside the palette.  It comes with a humongous mirror and I think full size shadows.  As the name suggests these are all Matte shadows with fantastic color payoff.  
Here are swatches (no primer) of all the colors from from left to right and top to bottom. 


From the same Leigh Ann Says video she also used this black liquid liner.  It is the Schwing liner and it is amazing.  The applicator allows such versatility in the thickness of the line you make.  I have been using this every since I got it and want to use a liquid liner.


Here are some swatches to show the opacity of the liner as well as the thin or thickness you can achieve with the applicator.  


I also picked up a nail polish.  I love light pink-coral shades for spring and summer and this was a lighter shade than I had in my collection.



This is in the color Coral Reef-ined.  I have not worn it yet, but anticipate wearing it in the future months.
This En Root Conditioning Treatment Mask is amazing.  It is very hydrating and I use as both a daily and a longer treatment mask.  It smells a little like bananas which I love and it makes my hair very soft and silky.

With this I also got a free sample of Time Balm in Apricot.  I have not tried this yet, but it is supposed to smooth and condition which sounds like a good thing to me.



In my March GlossyBox I received a gift card to Prestiche.  I decided to get the Wonder Polish in Sweet Orange Tangerine.  It smells fantastic and works well to get all the dry skin off my body.  My skin was very soft after I used this and smelled just like sweet citrus.  I don't know that I would purchase this without a discount of some sort, but maybe I will since it does work so well.

I picked this up from Birchbox awhile ago and just forgot to put it in a post.  I absolutely love this nail polish.  I have it on in this picture.  It is a perfect beautiful pink and is very vibrant.

I bought this Ruby Wing polish in the color Peony.  It is a color changing polish which is very neat.  It doesn't take being outside in the sun long for it to change to a dark fuschia color.  I put two coats of this polish and then a top coat of Seche Vite and it stays on for a long time.  I had it on previously for over a week with barely any chipping.  I usually don't follow a polish with the same one, but I like this one so much I put it on again.









disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.