Thursday, May 2, 2013

Haul: Hautelook (Tommy Hilfiger, Rebecca Minkoff, and Wildfox)

I have been a long time lover of Hautelook because I love designer pieces, but can't afford the price tags.  Hautelook allows me to always have great brand name clothing and accessories for sometimes more than half off the original price.  I  have also purchased beauty and home products from them and often find amazing gifts for other people as well. Alright enough with my praising the website, let's get into what I have received recently.

The first item has a bit of a story behind it.  For Christmas my Dad gifted me a pair of gorgeous Tommy Hilfiger boots that are so ridiculously comfortable I wore them all winter (and still wear them on chilly days now) so when I saw that Hautelook had Tommy Hilfiger shoes I knew I had to grab a pair.  I have been wanting to buy a pair of loafers for a long time and the ones they had were perfect.

Just look at these pretty babies, how could I not buy them?
To continue with the story, when I received the shoes in the mail I actually had accidentally received someone else's order.  Needless to say I was pretty sad, but when I called Hautelook they realized that the person's shoes I had also had my shoes.  They did a swap and took care of it all so swiftly that my faith was renewed.  I think they have just absolutely fantastic customer service and the positive interaction has kept me coming back for more purchases even with the little snafu.




These are called the Kalani Loafer.  The shoes have amazing arch support which is great because I have very high arches on my feet.  The only problem with them is that loafers are inherently narrow and I  have pretty wide feet.  I have still worn the heck out of these shoes and have taken to stuffing the front with tissue paper which is really helping to stretch out the toe area.  I love the tan and the white polka dots, but I especially love the pink trim and the pink and white striped interior.  The pink is an unexpected touch, but I love it.

I have always admired Rebecca Minkoff's bags and accessories.  While right now I cannot afford one of her bags when I saw these earrings I just had to have them.  I have worn the Heart Stud Earrings have everyday since I got them in the mail.

They just go with everything and are such an unexpected shape for heart earrings.  I also have very sensitive ears and skin and these have not irritated me once.  I am very impressed with the quality and how well they are holding up to all my wear.

I have been looking for a large cream/white colored scarf for awhile, but could never find one that I quite liked enough.  I saw this Wildfox scarf and fell in love with the design and size of it.

This picture from their website gives the best depiction of the size and graphic.  This is the Love Potion No.9 Grey Gardens Scarf in Ceramic White.  This scarf is incredibly soft and I have worn this with just about everything lately.

The way I wear it is as I show it at the right.  I usually fold the scarf in half to form a triangle, then I take the ends and cross them behind my neck and then pull so the ends hang down and the scarf is almost bandanna like.  This is how I wear most of my scarfs as it is so easy and this way you can, on this scarf, see part/most of the graphic.












disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.