Monday, April 8, 2013

Haul: The Body Shop and Crumbs Bakery Cupcakes

I went to the mall this weekend in Natick, MA.  Jeremy had our friend Bill over and I figured I'd give them some guy time, plus I wanted to use the living social deal I had bought the other week for The Body Shop.

Here is what I got at The Body Shop.  I seriously love everything I bought.  So let's dig in, shall we?

The Tea Tree Face Mask I actually purchased on accident.  I was so excited when I got there and this packaging looks so similar to their Tea Tree Exfoliating Pads that I actually didn't realize until I got home I bought not one, but TWO of the wrong thing.  I didn't feel like bringing it back and figured I would just try it out instead.  I actually really like this.  It works well to diminish my blackheads and blemishes and the smell is not too strong for those who don't like Tea Tree (to that I say that's crazy, but hey, everyone's got different 'niffers).
They had a buy two get one free of a huge wall of products and the Mango Body Scrub was part of it.  I LOVE mango.  This has mango extract in it and smells so delicious.  The scrub is great for making my legs smooth and ridding my body of dead skin.  I have used the Pink Grapefruit version of this and really enjoyed it.
Keeping with the mango, I also purchased the Mango Body Butter.  I love their body butters.  I currently have a coconut one that I've been using.  It is perfect for my very dry skin.  You can put a ton on and watch is soak into your skin.  The woman at the store let me try this one and even gave me a hand massage (I was so in heaven).  It smelled so good I could smell it the entire drive home and even though she put a little too much on it quickly absorbed into my skin making my hands very soft.  If you have never tried their body butters go try them, seriously, go get it, it's amazing.

I love the Tea Tree Blackhead Exfoliating Wash as it is not too harsh on my skin.  The oils/scent in it also does not sting my eyes like the Clean and Clear one we have currently (seriously that stuff stings our eyes so bad I am probably going to just throw it out!).  It has little "scrubby bits" in it to exfoliate while the tea tree helps to heal and get rid of my acne and blackheads.  Very impressed with this so far.
The body creams and washes are amazing here.  I picked up the Coconut Shower Cream and I have yet to use it, but I have used others and they're fantastic.  They make my skin so smooth and soft and smell marvelous.  Jeremy loves coconut scents so I picked this up as I knew he'd use it too.
I have been wanting to try a powder bronzer and this one had rave reviews on the website.  This is their Brush-On Beads in Bronze.  I did give this a go, but my brush didn't work well with it.  I ordered the bronzer brush from The Body Shop when I got home so I will let you all know if that works better.  Trying it with an inappropriate brush worked okay, but it just came out to heavy as the brush couldn't move it around very well on my face.  I do like the color it gives and it will probably look better with a proper brush and come spring/summer when I get more natural sun.
Next up is the Tea Tree Concealer in 02 Medium. I picked this up as I want to try a concealer that will also help to clear up my acne.  This seems to work well, I had a small spot on my temple and put this on it and it was not as red or large at the end of the day and the concealer works well to camouflage the spot.

 

This was one of those by the register last minute "ooh I totally need that" items.  It's just so cute and actually works very well.  I got the Pink Grapefruit Lip Butter and they do have many more flavors.  It doesn't give a lot of color which I like and the scent is very nice.  This leaves my lips nice and soft too.

This was another one of those "I NEED IT" items by the register.  It's the Watermelon Born Lippy and it smells like watermelon gum.  I love it so much.  I threw this in my clutch/wristlet to do shopping and it was perfect for when my lips needed a bit of moisture.  I also love the graphic on the packaging, sassy lips.  











The bag that they put it in was $6.  It's a huge hot pink tote bag that I just love.  I could not find it anywhere online, but there are plenty of cute reusable bags on their shop online and in stores.

I then went to Crumbs to pick up a few cupcakes.  From left and going clockwise: Peanut Butter and Jelly (flavor of the month), Red Velvet, Apple Cobbler, and Cannoli.
They were pretty good, but for me the frosting was very sugary.  I liked the Cannoli the best, followed by Apple Cobbler, then Red Velvet, then PB&J.  

All in all it was a nice day to go shopping out by myself and be able to take my time.

disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.