Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Haul: Birchbox and The Body Shop

When Birchbox came out with their Discovery Dash that featured four products at deep discounts I knew I had to pick a few things up.

This LaROCCA Champagne and Shimmer Supreme Creme is lovely.  It is rather thick with a light shimmer and a light scent.  It looks great on my legs to give them a bit of highlight, but also works very well to just moisturize my dry skin.  Very happy so far with this and the fact that it was $19 when I picked it up (regularly $35!).

I love twistbands.  My mom actually gave me some to try and since then I have never used any other elastic.  I always used to get headaches during the day with old elastics, but never with these.  They also really do never leave that annoying ponytail or braid-end crease that regular elastics do.  I got two packs of 12 of the signature lace collection for for $24 for both (regularly $22 for 12).









If Birchbox has another discovery dash (which I fervently hope that they do) I will definitely pick more items up as this was just such an amazing deal.

I also recently purchased a few more things from The Body Shop.  As I mentioned in my previous The Body Shop haul post I had mistakenly not picked up a few items that I needed so this is the order that I placed online to pick those things up.

I ordered two of the Tea Tree Exfoliating Pads as they work amazingly to get rid of blemishes.  Both my boyfriend and I use these any time we have any sort of blemishes and this helps them to go away quicker.  I have tried many other acne pads, but nothing even comes close to these.  We are addicted to these and the price is so very worth it as they work so well.

The No More Rough Stuff Pumice had rave reviews on The Body Shop's website and as sandal season is quickly approaching I need to get rid of my rough feet.  I have no used this yet, but anticipate it to work very well.

I have been reading a lot on good and bad things to use on your skin.  Apparently you should not use terry washcloths as they can be too rough on skin.  I saw this online and picked it up immediately.  The Luxury Flannel Facial Washcloth is so very soft and does not feel like it is abrasive on my skin at all.  Obviously being white if you wipe makeup off on it it will stain, but that does not bother me.

I am a relative beauty noobie and so I do not currently own a lot of brushes.  When I bought the Brush On Beads Bronzer in the the store I got home I realized that I didn't have anything that would apply it well enough.  The Kabuki Bronzing Brush is very soft, but sturdy and is easy to use.  I also like that it doesn't have a huge long handle so I feel I have better control on where I am putting the bronzer.





I also picked up the Bag for Life reusable tote.  It's medium sized and is great for lugging essentials around with me, plus I love the message on the bag, "Green is not a colour, it's a state of mind".



disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.