Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Birchbox Limited Edition From The Garden Box

I saw that Birchbox was having a new limited edition box and decided to try it out.  I have never purchased one of their limited edition boxes before, but I decided to give the Garden Box a try.

Let me tell you I am so pleasantly surprised with this box and all of its contents.  I couldn't believe that there was not one thing in the box that I didn't love.  The box is already sold out so I am ecstatic I bought it when I did.


This is the usual card that describes everything in the box.

Everything on the previous card is broken up by headings, nurture, slice and dice, provision, and nest.  These headings are also on cards that have a bit more about each of the headings.  The card labeled nurture has gardening tips for "every level of green thumb".  Slice and dice illustrates various basic knife cuts.  Provision has information about the "seasonal stars" which are produce items that are in season and great this time of year.  Nest explains how to "bring the best of the season into every aspect of your life" through candles, hand soap, diffusers, and spring spritzes.
I really like that these additional cards were included to give tips on the season and how to use everything in the box.

The Gift Republic Grow Me: Mini Herb and Vegetable Growing Kit I received was the basil variation.  We go through basil a lot this time of year making pesto and using it in our tomato sauces so I am excited to try this out.  I don't have a very good green thumb, but I am doing my best to try to keep this guy alive.

The first thing I noticed about this hand cream was the beautiful packaging.  TOCCA's Crema da Mano Luxe in Cleopatra is a very moisturizing hand cream.  I love the light scent and how it just completely gets rid of my dry skin.  I love the box so much after I use the hand cream I put  it back in the box to store, it's just so pretty and elegant.

I  used to have a knife similar to this one that I ended up losing in the move from college senior year to home.  I am so glad to have this back.  The Core Bamboo Utility Knife comes in an adorable radish pattern.  The blade cover is perfect as it protects it when I throw it in the utensil drawer.

The Baggu Market Shopping Bag is perfect to keep in my purse for anytime we need an extra shopping bag.  I love the bright orange color of it and that it comes in its own little pouch.  When you unfold it is is actually a rather large bag and can hold quite a lot.

I love this shopping list.  It's so much better than just using regular lined paper as it gives your list a bit of aesthetic.  I had some spare magnets around so I glued a magnet to the back of it and stuck it on the fridge and it works perfect now, though I wish it had come with a magnet already on it.



The box came with two Sarabeth's Legendary Spreadable Fruit.  The flavors are peach apricot and strawberry raspberry.  I love preserves on english muffins and pancakes during the weekend and these are so delicious.  I can't decide which one I like more as they're both so good.

This Lafco Little Luxuries Candle Tin smells amazing.  Since I took it out of the box we've had it lit every night when we get home from work.  It is the cilantro and orange scent and it's just very a very clean, light scent.  I also love that the lid has a small box of matches in it (the black box with the Lafco logo on it) as that is very convenient in case the candle lighter runs out.  The container is very cute too so even when the candle is done I'll have to find some way to repurpose the tin.



This is probably my very favorite item in the box. The L'Occitane fragrance in Jasmin and Bergamote is perfection.  I put this on and instantly turned to my boyfriend and declared that this would be my new signature scent.  It's the perfect floral fragrance and lasts all day.  I am so in love with this perfume.













disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.