Monday, April 1, 2013

April's Here & Flower Appreciation!

Pinterest
April will hopefully bring much warmer temperatures and bluer skies!  It has been so gray and snowy in New England and it's been a very long winter, I am very much looking forward to some beautiful Spring flowers!
In appreciation of Spring flowers, here are some of my favorite pictures of flowers...

Pin
I love these gorgeous pink flowers in a tea tin.  Great way to re-purpose and empty tea tin and the flowers look so charming in it.

Pin



















One of my favorite ways to arrange flowers are in small groups and in unexpected containers.  Using a teacup or old pitcher gives a way to re-purpose something you treasure, but don't always use and creates another aesthetic focal point in with your arrangements.

Anthropologie 








Placing bright, tiny groups of various succulents in an unusual planter is a great way to have a very black thumb friendly plant in your home or room and also have another piece of art.


















biskopsgarden


















I really adore large bunches of baby's breath ( G. paniculata or gyp).  I find it to be a very beautiful, airy flower and love getting just huge bunches of it to put in a large vase on my kitchen table.  I know a lot of people think it's a terribly ordinary and ugly flower, but I feel they fail to see it's true, delicate beauty.