Monday, April 15, 2013

April 2013 Birchbox

Got my April Birchbox in the mail! This month they partnered with Women's Health to bring us a box of tiny tweaks to get big results.
The box had some new things in it I have never tried before so I was excited when I opened it.  It comes with a 1 year subscription to Women's Health magazine which is very nice.  I was kind of hoping it would have a big foldout (similar to their new year "poster") of workouts or recipes or something.  I thought that might tie in the Women's Health theme better, but the box is filled with tiny tweaks to help my skin and daily routine so I suppose that could work too.

This is the Atelier Cologne in Ambre Nue Cologne Absolue.  It is very strong so you do not need much (a little goes a very long way).  I like the scent once it has had time to settle because at first it smelled like black licorice to me (which I hate), but after a bit it just has a nice spicy scent.  It's a rather sexy scent, good for a night out.

Evologie's Intensive Blemish Serum is supposed to be very good for all skin types.  I don't have any huge blemishes right now to try it out on, but when I do I will definitely give this one a go.

The Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvenating Elixir is supposed to be shine inducing and it says that it will help the odds of age-related breakage.  While I don't have aging hair per se, but I do have breakage because I tend to go a bit too long between hair cuts.  I hope that this helps me out as I am still trying to find a salon that I like where I live (after almost a year and a half!).

This Sumita Eye Shadow Pencil in Jasmin is extremely pigmented with serious staying power. It goes on smoothly and dries almost like a powder.  It does have some glittery bits in it which I am on the fence about.

I swatched this and then tried to rub it off with my finger and it would not budge.  I had to use soap and water to get it off.  This stuff is amazing!  I would love if they came out with more neutral colored ones maybe a bronze or something that I could wear more often, but maybe this will give me a chance to try out a brighter shade.

Last up is a bonus item.  It is Simple's Revitalizing Eye Roll-on.  I have actually been eyeing this in both CVS and the grocery store and just hadn't picked it up yet.  I can't wait to try this out.  I love simple's products already.  They have the best face wipes (I've used a dozen different ones and always come back to theirs).












Check out February's Birchbox!
Check out March's Birchbox!


disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.