Friday, April 5, 2013

April 2013 Beauty Bar Sample Society

I got my April box already for Beauty Bar's Sample Society!  This box has a lot of face care products that I am very excited to try out.

First up is the Eve Lom Cleanser and Muslin Cloth.  This came with a sample of the cleanser and a reusable Muslin Cloth.  I am very excited to try this out as I am trying to find good products to give me a purdy face.  I like that the cloth is reusable as I do not like using a hard terry towel on my face.

The next face product is the Hanskin Hydro Sheet Mask.  This is supposed to give smooth skin in just 10 minutes (time you leave the mask on).  I have seen this before but the picture on the product (top right corner) has always creeped me out a bit and, yes, I do know that's a very silly reason to not try a product.  Now that I have one I will definitely try it out.

The last face product is the Cotz Face Natural Skin with SPF 40.  This appears to actually be a bonus sample in the box which is pretty neat.  It is a mineral sunscreen that is supposed to blend smoothly to have a matte finish.  I have been wearing sunscreen everyday and am eager to try this one out.  The colors of this product kind of remind me of toothpaste, haha, does anyone else see that too?

This next product is for hair and it's the Alterna Bamboo Style Boho Waves Tousled Texture Mist.  I have tried an Alterna product before it was the Smooth Kendi Dry Oil Mist and really enjoyed that.  I find their products do not weigh my hair down at all.  I don't dry my hair often with a blow dryer so I will definitely test this out on my wet hair to see if it dries with beachy, boho waves.  

Sticking with hair products I received two Jane Tran hair accessories.  I got a large bobby pin in a black and white floral print and a clip in a dusty pink, black and soft green color.  I love the bobby pin so much and it is perfect for spring's black and white trend.

The last thing in my box is a lip gloss by Borghese in the shade Fiore.  The color is nice and light swath of a deep purple.  You can see in the swatch I did on my thumb it's not a lot of color, but it's a deep light amount of tint (not sure if that makes a lick of sense).  It has an almost cherry scent, not like cherry cough syrup, more like cherry extract.  I like it but it was unexpected.










Let me know if you have any questions on any of the products or would like a review of any specific item either in this box or another.

Check out March's Sample Society Box!


disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.