Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Small Haul: Tarte Cosmetics

I had gotten a few things from tarte with a promotion they had.  I got the call of the wild eye palette and free with it I got the call of the wild Amazonian clay liner.  They also included a free sample and I chose a primer.
 I have never tried any tarte products in the past, but I have heard fantastic things about them.

This is the call of the wild Amazonian clay liner.  I have never used a get liner, but in research came to understand the importance of a great brush to apply it.  This has rave reviews online.

In this picture from tarte's website you can see both ends of the brush.  I really like that one end of the brush is angled and it feels like it would give good control. I also love the animal print lid to the liner.

In this rather poor picture I took you can see the call of the wild Amazonian clay 8-shadow collector's palette (whoo that's a mouthful!).  I love the names for the colors and I particularly like the meow, jungle, and instinct.  The palette itself as you can see has a good sized mirror and the case is a little stiff so it stays up, sort of.   You may need to prop it up if you're using it.  I never use these mirrors so it really doesn't bother me much.

 The palette has the same animal print theme as the liner.  I really like the variety of the neutrals in this palette and that they included both shimery and matte shades.  I can see this becoming a fast favorite of mine.

I also received a sample of the clean slate flawless 12-hr brightening primer.  I enjoy the scent of this primer and many reviews said that it can be used even without a foundation over it to give a bit of glow.  I will definitely try it for that as I do not use foundation on an everyday basis, but like to use lighter items for day to day.















disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.