Saturday, March 9, 2013

March 2013 Birchbox



This month's Birchbox theme was March Madness.  I like that they mixed the tried and true with the brand new for this box.  I am very excited to try a lot of the products I received.

I really love this exclusive emery board that was a collaboration between Madewell and Birchbox.  I adore the floral design to it and that it came in a plastic sleeve to make it easier to throw in my purse to take with me.  I am very happy with this one.

I have actually already tried and love this Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse.  I got it last month in my Sample Society box.  It does not make my hair crunchy or greasy in anyway.  It gives my hair bounce and volume.  I have never had a mousse that I actually liked, but this one has completely changed that.  I am glad I have another sample size of this so that I won't run out as fast now. 

I received the Whish shave cream in Blueberry.  I had seen this in Birchbox's youtube video that had the sneak peaks for March's box and was hoping I would get it.  I love Blueberries and this has such a lovely non-chemical blueberry scent.  I can't wait to use this in the shower to see how it performs, but I do have high hopes for this one.

I really love the philosophy behind Make: One third of every sale WeSeeBeauty.com is donated to the New York-based nonprofit We See Beauty Foundation. Creating a more beautiful world through high-quality products is icing on the cake for the brand whose overarching goal is to empower local economies, elevate women, strengthen communities, and provide a platform for artists.  I love purchasing from companies with a mission to help our communities.
I got two Make products.  The first is their face primer.  This has SPF 30 which is a humongous plus for me.  I usually just use moisturizer in the morning, but adding this on top will protect my skin.  This will work especially nicely with my Origins Vitazing tinted moisturizer to ensure that I have full sun coverage.   



The other Make product I got is the satin finish eyeshadow in Santa Fe.  With a primer this goes on pretty bright, but with no primer it's a soft orange shade that's perfect all over the lid on a casual day.  This actually came just as the full sized ones would, just mini so I really love that it wasn't just thrown in without a case.











Overall I am pleased with my box this month.  The box included a card about the new benefit fake up hydrating concealer with a bonus code for a free BADgal lash deluxe sample with any benefit purchase or when you spend $25+ on birchbox.com (code bbheartsbenefit).
The one thing I am completely bumming about (and will follow up with Birchbox about) is that I did not get the code for Madewell's site that would give me $25 of a purchase of $75+.  They made mention we would all get a code in our box here




disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.