Thursday, March 21, 2013

March 2013 Beauty Box 5

I decided I'd try the Beauty Box 5 out for a month because I saw so many other people enjoying this box.  I am kind of "meh" on what was in it.
This may sound odd, but the font and design of their name really attracted me to this one.  I also love the nearly Tiffany blue color of the box.  The things that fill the box I'm not 100% on, but I will try it for one more month to see if I am impressed more next month.  Alright, now on to what's in the box!


This is by far my favorite thing in this box.  I love the mango scent of the Tree Hut Moisturizing lotion/body butter, it is amazing.  It is very moisturizing.  I used it last night before bed on a few very dry patches on my feet and they're so very soft even now an almost 24 hours later.  I will buy the full size of this as I am really loving it.

This is the H2O Plus Spa Sea Salt Body Wash it is described as "European sea salts gently draw out impurities and replenish essential nutrients, leaving skin healthy and luminous".  I am not sure about this one, some people say the smell is refreshing, my boyfriend and I are not convinced.  We both wrinkled our noses at it.  I have not tried it yet so maybe it will leave my skin healthy and luminous, but for now the smell is a bit bizarre.  It might be the green tea that's putting me off, but I am not sure.


The box also had H2O Plus' Eye Lift Concentrate which is supposed to "firm, lift, lighten, hydrate and repair" and it's also supposed to perform so well they claim "it's like they bottled sleep". I will probably give this one a try as it is about 3 times cheaper than the one I currently use, but we shall see if it holds up.


I received some nail polish remover pads in my Julep Spring Mystery Box, but it never hurts to have more! These La Fresh Nail Polish Remover Travel Wipes are always on sale on hautelook and I have heard great things about them.  It never hurts to have one or two of these thrown in your purse for when you need them in a pinch.


The Brazen Cosmetics Eyeshaow in Suburbia.  I tried to find the color on their website, but had no luck.  I really don't like glitter in my eyeshadow really so I don't particularly like this shadow.  It is very pigmented and is a loose mineral powder.  It seems to have staying power so maybe you would like it.


I swatched it on my hand.  This color is a dark brown with gold glitter in it.  I did not use any primer before taking the picture so you could see it bare. It is nice, just not for me. 

















disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.