Tuesday, February 12, 2013

February 2013 Ipsy Bag

I received my ipsy/my glam bag today in the mail. The bag it came in is a faux patent leather with a red lining which is pretty perfect for their theme of Red Carpet (seems everyone's in the Red Carpet mood as this is Birch Box's theme as well). 
In my bag was:
Coastal Scents Shadow Palette Sample in Dark Goldenrod (top left), Sunbeam (top right), Golden Globe (bottom left), and Dark Golden Olive (bottom right). Dark Golden Rod, Golden Globe, and Dark Golden Olive are all shimmers. Sunbeam is matte.
I have not had a chance to try the Pixi Flawless & Poreless primer, but I have heard absolutely fantastic things about it and look forward to trying it out.
I am interested in trying the POP Beauty Smokey Lash Kapow Mascara, lately the only mascara I've loved has been Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara. I am finding it difficult to find a mascara that tops that as the wand is just so perfect, but time will tell if this one is as good or better.
I have never tried a gel eyeliner before. I typically use liquid liner in my day to day so I think that having used a liner that requires a steady hand might benefit me with this. The downside is I will need to get a gel liner brush as I do not own one so it's kind of a wah wah situation.
I have been really looking to try these as I ALWAYS get mascara on my eyelids without fail. I hope they work as I have seen mixed reviews on them.









disclaimer: I am not sponsored by any of the company's whose products I am reviewing here.  All thoughts/comments/whathaveyou are my own.